Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-27-2015, 10:35 AM   #16
ashopis
ashopis began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hey folks,

Sorry for the learning curve on my part. However, I believe I've fixed it. The code that I posted was exported directly from scrivener rather than derived from the epub file. So I think that makes it especially hard to find the problem with the epub. When I figured out how to look at the html in the epub, I was able to locate the problematic lines.

I went on to find out that the error arose from my cutting some text from MS Word and Pasting it into Scrivener. I went back into Scrivener and cut out the text and rewrote it. When I exported a new epub, it validated!

Thanks to the folks who spent time helping me trouble shoot this. It's my first time through, so thanks also for your patience.

-Adam
ashopis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 04:35 PM   #17
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Good for you
I don't know scrivener, but as a tipp for future books: learn a little bit about styles in word processors. It is very easy to learn using them and it leads to much cleaner books and ebooks. Plus you can change how everything looks at any time. Even if your book is now working, the code is very ugly. That is not that important but could lead to future trouble and makes it difficult to edit later.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:35 AM   #18
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickloraine View Post
Good for you
I don't know scrivener, but as a tipp for future books: learn a little bit about styles in word processors. It is very easy to learn using them and it leads to much cleaner books and ebooks. Plus you can change how everything looks at any time. Even if your book is now working, the code is very ugly. That is not that important but could lead to future trouble and makes it difficult to edit later.

If I understood correctly, that code didn't actually come from the book in any meaningful sense.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
smashwords, validation error