Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 12-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
andersonniki
andersonniki began at the beginning.

Device: none
Screen Readers and Calibre

I am currently working on a project having to do with ePub files and web accessibility. I am trying to make and instruct others on making technology available to everyone, including people with disabilities. When I attempt to read ePub files with multiple screen readers, they all tell me it is merely content. They will not read the actual content of the books. Is there anything we can to do address this? And if not, which eBook reading platforms on a desktop will allow for people to use a screen reader on them?

Moderator Notice
Moved from Development Subforum see ==>> The purpose of Development subforum

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-11-2014 at 08:52 PM. Reason: move reason
andersonniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@andersonniki - In this thread ==>> Both Ebooks AND Audio books in Calibre the OP gives instructions for integrating Babaloka, a Text to Speech program that will 'read' EPUB files, into calibre using the Open With plugin.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote