Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-25-2014, 03:42 AM   #631
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
@PeterT
Even though I did not know for sure that such an option existed and at the same time was sure that I did not change any settings in the recent past, the first thing that came to my mind after you told me about the windows style line endings, was that something went wrong while compressing. Now it turns out that it happened while decompressing. Some preset options are really dangerous.

I find it a bit strange that winzip bases its decision only on the first 80 characters without regard to file name extensions or first lines like "#!/bin/sh".
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #632
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
@PeterT
Even though I did not know for sure that such an option existed and at the same time was sure that I did not change any settings in the recent past, the first thing that came to my mind after you told me about the windows style line endings, was that something went wrong while compressing. Now it turns out that it happened while decompressing. Some preset options are really dangerous.

I find it a bit strange that winzip bases its decision only on the first 80 characters without regard to file name extensions or first lines like "#!/bin/sh".
Oh how I wish that people would just stop using windows, it causes so many problems!
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #633
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
WinRAR has no such problem.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:45 AM   #634
valris
(•ω•)
valris began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
My device (Kobo Aura) was powered off and when i put in the USB cable to charge it, it shows me KSM. Does that mean the device does not really power off when i use the "power off" option in KSM?

Does this mean i might get surprised by a low battery when i use the power off option?

Edit: BTW could we migrate the development of KSM to github or another site with bug tracker, release channels and version control? This thread get's very messy and it is hard to follow new versions, bug fixing efforts and so one.

Last edited by valris; 11-26-2014 at 06:48 AM. Reason: edit instead of new post
valris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:44 AM   #635
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valris View Post
My device (Kobo Aura) was powered off and when i put in the USB cable to charge it, it shows me KSM. Does that mean the device does not really power off when i use the "power off" option in KSM?

Does this mean i might get surprised by a low battery when i use the power off option?
Whenever you connect a powered off Kobo reader via USB cable, the device will power on. It does not matter whether KSM is installed.

Did you solve your problem of nickel not running?

Last edited by tshering; 11-26-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:04 AM   #636
valris
(•ω•)

Quote:
Whenever you connect a powered off Kobo reader via USB cable, the device will power on. It does not matter whether KSM is installed.
Aha, thanks. Did not know that.

Quote:
Did you solve your problem of nickel not running?
Not yet.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:41 AM   #637
valris
(•ω•)

Is it possible to disable the frame around the poweroff message?

Marked in the attachement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	penguin_poweroff_frame.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	988.4 KB
ID:	131614   Click image for larger version

Name:	penguin_poweroff.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	868.9 KB
ID:	131615  
Old 11-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #638
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Marked in the attachement.
There is a script to find the optimal width, in "tests". with that you can find the settings that will be just small enough to loose the frame.

Luck;
Ken
Old 11-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #639
Ken Maltby
Wizard

I was trying to straighten out the links to KSM packages (in my guides) and I am not sure how to point people to the current version and the one for the new H2o. There is an _02 version that appears to be the newest, but there is the _06 version as well. The _02 package includes uninstall and reinstall folders and has a later date, in the Info.

In the first post the link to the "latest" version, to be used for the H2o, goes to the _06 download.

Confused.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 11-26-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #640
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I was trying to straighten out the links to KSM packages (in my guides) and I am not sure how to point people to the current version and the one for the new H2o. There is an _02 version that appears to be the newest, but there is the _06 version as well. The _02 package includes uninstall and reinstall folders and has a later date, in the Info.

In the first post the link to the "latest" version, to be used for the H2o, goes to the _06 download.

Confused.

Luck;
Ken
The "latest" version is 06. I recommend to use this version on all models. In order to prevent confusion, I removed 02 from the first post.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:28 PM   #641
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
The "latest" version is 06. I recommend to use this version on all models.
Is there a reason why I should not keep the old one (3? 4? no idea!) on my Aura and my Mini?
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #642
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
You can try replacing kbmessage in .kobo/kbmessage by the new one of the uploaded archive. I removed the frame and the scrollbars too.

EDIT: I removed the archive here, and included the content in KBStartMenu_06_update01b.zip, which you can find here.

Last edited by tshering; 12-22-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #643
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Is there a reason why I should not keep the old one (3? 4? no idea!) on my Aura and my Mini?
If it does what you need keep it. I added, however, some functionality and removed some bugs since v. 4, and even more since v.3.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:39 AM   #644
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Did you remove the # in front of kobomenuFontsize, and reboot the device?
That did the trick. It also make the shuffling of lines more apparent.

After testing it again, it works for about 5 times, after which all lines shifted down one line after tapping a line and redrawing the screen by going to the new menu or program.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #645
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
That did the trick. It also make the shuffling of lines more apparent.
I am not sure if I can understand this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
After testing it again, it works for about 5 times, after which all lines shifted down one line after tapping a line and redrawing the screen by going to the new menu or program.
It would be interesting whether other H2O users do see this too.

Do you see something similar in KoboLauncher/CR?