Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-18-2008, 03:54 AM   #16
jbui
jbui began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
djvi and Word documents, a scientific calculator.
jbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:01 AM   #17
jbui
jbui began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
What kind of software do you guys want to see ported to the DR1000?

Are there other document formats you want to read? Utilities or programs you want to see? Games you want to play?

I can't promise to do everything, but since there aren't many other people with a DR and the ability, I'll be happy to do what I can.
If possible I think that a Notespad program in whuch it could be possible to insert (delete) pages would be useful
jbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:03 AM   #18
revilo
revilo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello Adam, is there a chance to see a *.lit-Reader on this device?

This would be great!

revilo
revilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:25 AM   #19
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by revilo View Post
is there a chance to see a *.lit-Reader on this device?
Presumably the same approach as on the iLiad will work, i.e. a pre-processor to FBReader, see Automatic .Lit extractor for the iLiad .

However, I always thought it was easier to do this on a Desktop PC. Explode the LIT to an OEB file (HTML, images and an .opf metafile) in its own directory. Under Windows I use "ConvertLIT GUI" to do this. Confirm that (Desktop) FBReader works ok when pointed to the .opf file (if not fix the .opf file, or if there is a single HTML file try it instead). If the .opf works, ZIP the directory and rename the file from .zip to .oebzip. This file is readable by FBReader. If you want to use the HTML file instead, delete the .opf and ZIP the directory. FBReader will read the .zip and bring up a dialog for you to select the HTML file for reading.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #20
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
i like to see python and the qt libraries, is this possible?
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #21
M@rcel
Connoisseur
M@rcel began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad
MS word .doc files. Just a reader (+ scribble?), not an entire wordprocessor.
M@rcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:09 AM   #22
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
A flashcards application would be awesome. For example Mnemosyne which is open source: http://www.mnemosyne-proj.org/screenshots.php.
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #23
olis
Zealot
olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs-500, Nokia N810, Irex dr1000s, Kindle3
Quote:
A flashcards application would be awesome
I vote for that, too.
I'd like to see on the DR a program like anki:
http://ichi2.net/anki/index.html.
olis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #24
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbui View Post
If possible I think that a Notespad program in whuch it could be possible to insert (delete) pages would be useful
I'd like to go one better

A notepad program that allows you to:

Copy and paste chunks of your hand written text
Insert lines
Insert space to add missing words

I don't know how you'd do it of course, but that'd be cool.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote