Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
oh. just noticed the "write to root dir" stuff... hmm..

did you "rip" this or build from source mate? or is Alsa the issue?

Will definitely have a look at running this now.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #17
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
well I just built the pianobar part, not the alsa stuff. alsa looks for the libalsa.so file only in /usr/lib/ao/plugins-4/ I'm sure that could be changed if I recompiled alsa, but it was no biggie for me. the libao.config file can be in a home directory I think?

A second issue with my touch is: no Master in alsamixer? makes controlling volume difficult.

definitly do the debug thing, twobob, and you will see.. and reboot after changes!

pianobarfly is another build of pianobar with recording but it has a different config file. works the same way logging in then fetching station, then play songs.

Last edited by brianinmaine; 11-05-2013 at 06:02 AM.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #18
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

k. thanks. will reboot now.

didn't reboot/ works fine. Testing complete.

Last edited by twobob; 11-05-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #19
chr1st0ph3rc
Enthusiast
chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
I did run it from kterm directly. I also rebooted. Somtimes a get an Getaddr error.
chr1st0ph3rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #20
twobob

I ran mine via ssh...

hmm...
Old 11-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #21
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
k. thanks. will reboot now.

didn't reboot/ works fine. Testing complete.
did you try the debug thing in libao.conf ? It is interesting even if only for testing. Maybe I'll try rebuilding alsa/lib to get a better path setup. I need to learn more about that anyway - esp the hardware part.

But you can play songs through a proxy? Nice to know. Should I fix anything in the package? Volume buttons don't work right and spit errors as I can't seem to control the correct level - there seems to be no Master. Run alsamixer in a shell and see. No level seems to change overall volume other than "Speaker Boost"?? "Speaker" should have worked??

Do you understand the PCM errors? What is that all about - I must investigate...
Old 11-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #22
twobob

I didnt even try to adjust the volume.

I suppose you could cheat, pull up the ONBOARD MP3 player, and try using the volume settings in that. I have a sneaking suspicion they would work.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I didnt even try to adjust the volume.

I suppose you could cheat, pull up the ONBOARD MP3 player, and try using the volume settings in that. I have a sneaking suspicion they would work.
Sounds like an option to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab126
It plays, ship it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #24
brianinmaine
Evangelist

I just tried the onboard player with alsamixer running - no connection between the 2? Touch uses lipc com.lab126.audio to control all audio stuff:
"lipc-probe com.lab126.audio" shows it all. I suppose this could even be added to a program directly using this method:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195185

Anyway, it is just interesting to see what goes on.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:34 AM   #25
twobob

interesting. many other apps are influenced by that overall volume setting.

there you go, I learned something
Old 09-03-2014, 08:16 PM   #26
brianinmaine
Evangelist

if you get tls handshake errors, pandora changed their certificate. this website has the answer:
http://everyday-tech.com/how-to-inst...-raspberry-pi/
run this in linux:
<code>
#!/bin/bash
##
## A simple little shell script that will return the current
## fingerprint on the SSL certificate. It's crude but works
##
## Author: Bob Saska (r35krag0th) <git@r35.net>

openssl s_client -connect tuner.pandora.com:443 < /dev/null 2> /dev/null | \
openssl x509 -noout -fingerprint | tr -d ':' | cut -d'=' -f2
</code>

this will show a code...
this is the string to add to '.config/pianobar/config':
"tls_fingerprint = 2D0AFDAFA16F4B5C0A43F3CB1D4752F9535507C0"

edit: OOPS it's a tls READ error, which needs a rebuild. according to the web, it needs to be built against ffmpeg from source first: http://www.lanmaster53.com/2014/05/r...y-pi-pianobar/
since the pi's have an ARM, seems reasonable to give it a shot. FFMPEG will take a LONG time...
we'll see. I AM on vacation...

Last edited by brianinmaine; 09-03-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #27
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Try Buildroot.
The 2014.08 release is two days old, but I seem to recall that it will build ffmpeg for arm for you.
(and OpenSSL and about 1,400 other thingies)

- - - - -

O.T:
The traditional, "busman's holiday" ?

Last edited by knc1; 09-03-2014 at 09:13 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:16 AM   #28
brianinmaine
Evangelist

OK, heres a new version. Ignore the "libz no version information" warnings. Let me know if this works for anyone - I'm still on 5.3.7 on my Touch so that might be an issue. Still need kterm and I'm not sure about the other system mod I did before...

You need to modify the username and password in the extensions/pianobar/.config/pianobar/config file.

edit: see below

Last edited by brianinmaine; 10-31-2014 at 03:58 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:01 AM   #29
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Now includes pianobarfly which can download the songs as they are played.

edit the two config files to change username and password:
pianobar/.config/pianobar/config
pianobar/.config/pianobarfly/config

the pianobar config has the directory where the m4a files are downloaded:
/mnt/us/music

mplayer can play the m4a files (included)

Good luck! Feedback is appreciated...

EDIT:
newest version of the file has no more system modifications, no bind mounts even.

EDIT2:
now has scripts from bugmenot that show an album cover and lyrics (if available).
Attached Files
File Type: zip pianobar.zip (12.83 MB, 122 views)

Last edited by brianinmaine; 01-23-2015 at 02:16 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:05 AM   #30
brianinmaine
Evangelist

I just needed to post this for a future time so I didn't lose it

A simple way to build pianobar for Debian ARM (for Kindle Touch).

HOST:
apt-get install debootstrap qemu-user-static binfmt-support
dd if=/dev/zero of=debian_image.ext3 bs=1M count=2048
mkfs.ext3 debian_image.ext3
tune2fs -i 0 -c 0 debian_image.ext3
mkdir -p /mnt/debian
mount -o loop -t ext3 debian_image.ext3 /mnt/debian
mkdir -p /mnt/debian/usr/bin
cp /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static /mnt/debian/usr/bin
debootstrap --arch=armel wheezy /mnt/debian http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian
mount -o bind /dev /mnt/debian/dev
mount -o bind /dev/pts /mnt/debian/dev/pts
mount -o bind /proc /mnt/debian/proc
mount -o bind /sys /mnt/debian/sys
chroot /mnt/debian /bin/bash

CHROOT:
apt-get install locales vim
dpkg-reconfigure locales
vim /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
# deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian wheezy-backports main contrib non-free
# deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian wheezy-backports main contrib non-free
apt-get update

apt-get install -y git libao-dev libgcrypt11-dev libgnutls-dev libfaad-dev libmad0-dev libjson0-dev make pkg-config

# this is just for my notes
git config --global http.proxy $http_proxy

*** This way is FASTER:
apt-get -t wheezy-backports install libavfilter-dev libavformat-dev libswscale-dev libavresample-dev

*** OR this way, SLOWER but preferred, don't need the backports stuff at all:
cd /usr/src
git clone https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg.git
cd FFmpeg
./configure --enable-shared --disable-everything --enable-demuxer=mov --enable-encoder=aac --enable-protocol=http \
--enable-filter=volume --enable-filter=aformat --enable-filter=aresample --disable-programs --disable-doc
make
make install

*** pianobar
cd /usr/src
git clone https://github.com/PromyLOPh/pianobar.git
cd pianobar
make
make install

*** optional - pianobarfly (downloads songs as they are played.)
cd /usr/src
git clone https://github.com/nega0/pianobarfly.git
apt-get install libid3tag0-dev
make
make install

Note: to get the required libs:
mkdir ./lib
ldd `which pianobar` | grep "=> /" | awk '{print $3}' | xargs -I '{}' cp -v '{}' ./lib > /dev/null

pianobar
Welcome to pianobar (2014.09.28-dev)! Press ? for a list of commands.
[?] Email:
DONE!

edit: forgot to include binfmt-support in the early apt-get list!

Last edited by brianinmaine; 02-18-2015 at 08:17 PM.