Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-06-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
Mort1997
Addict
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various models, K3, K4T, Nook Glow and Kobo Aura H2O
NOOK Glowlight in UK

Looks like the Nook glowlight is to be available in the UK soon.

The UK site shows the new reader with suggested suppliers (such as John Lewis, Argos, Sainsburys, ASDA etc) for £89.

http://www.nook.com/gb/tablets/nook-glowlight
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 1, iPhone 5
I'd still suggest getting a Kobo. The interface of the nook is awful.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:55 AM   #3
rcentros
Guru
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST & NST w/Glow, Kindle 4(Black) & Touch 3G, Sony T2 & Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'd still suggest getting a Kobo. The interface of the nook is awful.
I still disagree. I think it depends on where you start. I like my Nooks and their interface.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:36 AM   #4
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo H20/Glo, Nook Glow, Kindle Fire HD6
It would be no good for me, I have a Nook Glowlight, the original one and it has an SD card and buttons. The new one has neither, and it only has 250mb for side loaded books.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
rcentros
Guru
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST & NST w/Glow, Kindle 4(Black) & Touch 3G, Sony T2 & Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
It would be no good for me, I have a Nook Glowlight, the original one and it has an SD card and buttons. The new one has neither, and it only has 250mb for side loaded books.
I wouldn't want the newest one either. I had a NST Glowlight, but sold it and picked up a spare NST (the non-glowlight version). The pawn shops sell them for about the same price. They don't seem to know the difference.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:52 PM   #6
OverByter
OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
It's already been rooted and the lack of user space and the missing SD card that some apps require has been solved with sym linking the device into thinking that it has a physical card attached.
OB
OverByter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:02 AM   #7
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iTouch, Jetbook, PRS 650, Aura HD
Quote:
According to the website it had 2.5GB for content with 2GB reserved for nook store content which leaves 500mb. Still paltry and ridiculous.
Canuck_in_Japan is online now   Reply With Quote