Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 08-06-2014, 06:36 AM   #961
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Hi Vlad59

I manually updated COPS on my Synology NAS to RC02, all seems to work properly.
I like very much the new Bootstrap template, but I think I found a bug in it.

In Calibre I use a Custom Serie column named "COLLANA", in COPS it is displayed properly.
But now if I enable Bootstrap template, entering in "COLLANA" I can see all the series contained in it, BUT the book count badge in the down right corner of each box is 0, it's only a display issue because if I enter in one of the series under "COLLANA" all the books are displayed as expected.

I hope my explanation is clear, english is not my primary language as you can see...
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #962
abbe
abbe began at the beginning.

Device: Irex ILiad
What format is sent to kindle?

I have calibre/cops library with a number of books in both epub, pdf and azw3 format.

I have set up the emailing function and can receive the books from the cops server just fine on my test email-address.

The problem is that I receive the books in epub format and I would like to get the azw3 for the kindle.

How do I make sure that the email-function chooses azw3 if it is there, mobi next and so on? Getting epub onto a kindle is not much use in itself.

Is there a setting somewhere I haven't found? How does COPS determine what book format to send if several formats are present?

I hope someone can help or point me in the right direction.

I would like to say otherwise that cops is a very neat piece of software!

Best,

Asbjørn (Denmark)
abbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #963
mariosipad
Groupie
mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin
Good question!

Sometimes (not very often, but ....) I would like the possibility to mail a PDF instead of an epub (if both are present of course).
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:06 AM   #964
mizio66
mizio66 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, Kobo Aura, Cybook Gen3
URL rewrite for Kobo-Ipad

Hi,

it is correct that if I have URL rewrite on, i can use COPS with my ipad, but not with the Kobo and vice-versa?

thanks,

M
mizio66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #965
mariosipad
Groupie
mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mariosipad knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Don't know about a Kobo (as I do not have one) but I use an iPad without "URL rewrite=on".

And it works.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:17 AM   #966
lapin25
lapin25 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Hi,

I've installed Cops on my dedicated server running nginx. But I can't managed to make it work properly. When I launch it with myip/cops, this appears :

Quote:
if (!isset($config)) $config = array(); $config['calibre_directory'] = '/home/user/ebooks/'; $config['calibre_internal_directory'] = '/ebooks/'; $config['cops_full_url'] = ''; $config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = "X-Accel-Redirect"; $config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "1";
which is the content of the config_local.php file. What am i doing wrong ?

EDIT : here's a capture of the check configuration page => http://awesomescreenshot.com/07b3ai3wad

Thx a lot !

Last edited by lapin25; 08-11-2014 at 06:18 AM. Reason: adding information
lapin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #967
mariosipad
Groupie

It's either something with nginx (can't help you there as I do not use it) or something with the caliber_directory.

1. is there a file named "metadate.db" in /home/user/ebooks ?
2. what are the permissions (read/write) on this file and on the directory? (just to try and then change back!, change the permissions of /home/user/ebooks to 777) -> chmod 777 /home/user/ebook

Does it work now? (COPS, rather the database used by COPS seems to need certain read rights on metadata.db to work)
Old 08-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #968
lapin25

There's a metadata.db file in the /home/user/ebooks directory. It had 600 permissions. I changed to 777. Cops still doesn't work.

Something weird : if I copy metadata.db to /var/www/cops, there's a slight change : same message but I can see "COPS". And the color of the page changes to grey. I think i'm coming closer to the solution. Am i not ?

http://i.imgur.com/FDGGYAg.png
Old 08-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #969
mariosipad
Groupie

What is the output of checkconfig.php now?

And what if you change $config['calibre_internal_directory'] = '/ebooks/'; to $config['calibre_internal_directory'] = ''; ?
Old 08-11-2014, 05:26 PM   #970
lapin25

It's the same output, with or without the change you talk about : http://i.imgur.com/GDRwtzq.png

And if I delete the medatada.db file in the /var/www/cops directory, the last list is not ok ! It says "File ./metadata.db not found, Please check".

(thank you by the way, mariosipad
Old 08-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #971
mariosipad
Groupie

Maybe, (fingers crossed):

did you use in config_local.php

$config['calibre_directory'] = /ebooks/';

instead of

$config['calibre_directory'] = '/ebooks/';

?
Old 08-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #972
lapin25

It missed the ' before the path, indeed. But the output is sadly still the same.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #973
lapin25

Well, I deleted and rewrote the config_local.php file : it's working now. Thanks again mariosipad.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #974
Michel4632
Michel4632 began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ reader pro on android
Question Covers do not show

The following issue has been solved by rebooting the synology NAS.
-------------------

Hello,

Just discovered this excellent software !

No matter what parameter I use for $config['cops_thumbnail_handling'], I can't get the covers to show (I have a broken image icon instead). (except for a fixed image - works well).
All the rest works perfectly.
I run COPS 1.0.0RC2 on a synology DS212 with DSM 5.3.
Covers are OK in Calibre.
In each book directory, I have a file cover.jpg (not the name of the book.jpg - I don't know if this is the normal setup). The cover is also included in the books metadata.

Any idea ?
Thanks
Michel

Last edited by Michel4632; 08-17-2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: solved
Michel4632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #975
Michel4632
Michel4632 began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ reader pro on android
The following issue has been solved : I had used "." for $config['cops_server_side_render'], which is apparently not a good idea !
--------------------

Ooops,

HTML suddenly stoppod working..

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$' in /volume1/web/BookServer/COPS/resources/doT-php/doT.php(91) : runtime-created function on line 14 Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /volume1/web/BookServer/COPS/base.php on line 36

Even with reinstall...

The OPDS seems still ok...

What should I do ?

Last edited by Michel4632; 08-17-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Michel4632 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, kobo aura, synology