Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
El Sabio
El Sabio began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for pc
Question Missing cover in Kindle for PC library.

Hello

I am currently using Calibre (latest version) to convert an HTML doc to MOBI format in order to view the book using Kindle for PC (latest version), and add the cover to the file prior to conversion using the appropriate function. I have done this many times over the past several months without any problem, but I noticed recently that my book cover was no longer showing in the Kindle library. The raw cover is a JPEG, 1600 * 2194, 297kb, but Calibre changes this to 1166 * 1600, 379kb during the conversion. I have several other e-books in the library and all the covers show correctly. I tried an uninstall/install for the Kindle but saw no change. The cover shows full-size in the reader. Any thoughts anyone?

El Sabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Bug in Kindle for PC you can work around it by setting the share not sync option in the mobi output settings when converting the file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
El Sabio
El Sabio began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for pc
Hello, Kovid

Thank you for the fix. My cover now shows in the Kindle for PC library.

You have created an excellent programme.
El Sabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
esky997
esky997 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
kovid,
I thank you as well, I had this issue forever and happened upon this site by accident. You solved my issue. Thank you for that as well as your product!!!
esky997 is offline   Reply With Quote