Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
akira28
Boy Wonder
akira28 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akira28 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akira28 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akira28 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akira28 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook, T3, Nokia N800, Zodiac, iTouch, PDN, Kindle3
Fuzzy, faint images

I have converted a Nook book to an epub to display on my Kindle PW2 using duokan. The book contained many images of symbols (b/w line drawings). All the images on the Nook app on my android tablet look fine, sharp with good contrast. The generated epub on the Kindle displays the images as very fuzzy and faint, sometimes hardly discernible.

Is there a way to preserve the high image quality in Calibre during the conversion process?
akira28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
Is there a way to preserve the high image quality in Calibre during the conversion process?
Use the 'Tablet' output profile. That will not resize images.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote