Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-15-2014, 10:16 AM   #1
travelingsandy
Connoisseur
travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7", Kobo Aura
Suggestion For Second E-reader.

Seeking suggestions for a second e-reader that welcomes the e-pub format. I purchased a Kindle Fire HD 7" and really dislike it for loading good e-reader apps. I will continue to use it for Amazon books; but that is all.

I would like a reader that has landscape mode available and I do not need 3g. Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions.
travelingsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Please use the forums correctly - you've been an MR member more than long enough to know where posts belong! Moved to the "Which one should I buy?" forum.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
travelingsandy
Connoisseur
travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Sorry Harry did not mean to offend anyone. Yes, I have been a member for awhile; but, I use the sight very little because of my poor eyesight and age.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
In Canada the only ereaders I could find that supported landscape were Kindles (Keyboard, Basic, Paperwhite) which don't read epub. Since no one has responded to your thread I guess that's the case elsewhere as well.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
rcentros
Guru
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST & NST w/Glow, Kindle 4(Black) & Touch 3G, Sony T2 & Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
In Canada the only ereaders I could find that supported landscape were Kindles (Keyboard, Basic, Paperwhite) which don't read epub. Since no one has responded to your thread I guess that's the case elsewhere as well.
My Sony T2 has landscape mode. I think most all of the Sonys do (or did) have landscape mode. (I just saw this post, would have have answered it sooner if I had seen it.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
travelingsandy
Connoisseur

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your responses. I like landscape mode because it is easy to put on my lap in a case (now that is being lazy); but, I sit by our pool alot.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #7
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Why not look at the Kindle?

You don't need an EPUB reader, you need an ebook reader. The Kindle reads books and calibre feeds the Kindle with books it can read. Automatically.
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #8
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
My Sony T2 has landscape mode. I think most all of the Sonys do (or did) have landscape mode. (I just saw this post, would have have answered it sooner if I had seen it.)
Thanks for clarifying. Since I was looking for a front-lit reader I bought a Paperwhite and never looked very closely at Sony (an initial internet search didn't show landscape available and I'm not sure the newest device was even released here), but hopefully this is what the OP is looking for.

Last edited by Synamon; 07-17-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote