Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-03-2014, 12:09 AM   #16
amyg
Enthusiast
amyg is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad
Thanks for this. But I get "KindleGen Wrapper 2.2.app is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash."
amyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:14 AM   #17
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyg View Post
Thanks for this. But I get "KindleGen Wrapper 2.2.app is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash."
How odd. So do I. I've re-zipped it and re-uploaded it. Please try again.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #18
amyg
Enthusiast

Still getting the same message. I tried emptying the cache and using Chrome in case there was a browser issue. Nothing helped.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #19
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyg View Post
Still getting the same message. I tried emptying the cache and using Chrome in case there was a browser issue. Nothing helped.
How odd. While I investigate, you can try this: Open your copy of AppleScript Editor, and open and save the application using that.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:42 AM   #20
amyg
Enthusiast

It was a Mavericks issue. Apparently I had to set my Security setting "Allow apps downloaded from" to "Anywhere." I guess the last time I downloaded one of these was before I upgraded to Mavericks. Anyway, now it's okay. Thanks for this. Great new feature.

Last edited by amyg; 05-10-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #21
Peter Ahlstrom
Peter Ahlstrom began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I had the same error as amyg. I found out online that it can be fixed from the commandline with:
xattr -rc KindleGen\ Wrapper\ 2.2.app

Then the app will open normally, and setting GateKeeper to "Anywhere" isn't required.
Peter Ahlstrom is offline   Reply With Quote