Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-03-2014, 12:09 AM   #16
amyg
Enthusiast
amyg is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad
Thanks for this. But I get "KindleGen Wrapper 2.2.app is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash."
amyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:14 AM   #17
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyg View Post
Thanks for this. But I get "KindleGen Wrapper 2.2.app is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash."
How odd. So do I. I've re-zipped it and re-uploaded it. Please try again.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #18
amyg
Enthusiast

Still getting the same message. I tried emptying the cache and using Chrome in case there was a browser issue. Nothing helped.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #19
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyg View Post
Still getting the same message. I tried emptying the cache and using Chrome in case there was a browser issue. Nothing helped.
How odd. While I investigate, you can try this: Open your copy of AppleScript Editor, and open and save the application using that.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:42 AM   #20
amyg
Enthusiast

It was a Mavericks issue. Apparently I had to set my Security setting "Allow apps downloaded from" to "Anywhere." I guess the last time I downloaded one of these was before I upgraded to Mavericks. Anyway, now it's okay. Thanks for this. Great new feature.

Last edited by amyg; 05-10-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #21
Peter Ahlstrom
Connoisseur
Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I had the same error as amyg. I found out online that it can be fixed from the commandline with:
xattr -rc KindleGen\ Wrapper\ 2.2.app

Then the app will open normally, and setting GateKeeper to "Anywhere" isn't required.
Peter Ahlstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:23 PM   #22
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I've just updated the first post with the correct link to KindleGen at Amazon. Is it really still on version 2.9?
Old 01-25-2019, 03:16 PM   #23
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've just updated the first post with the correct link to KindleGen at Amazon.
I think you missed the very first link on the page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Is it really still on version 2.9?
It appears to be frozen in time along with the MOBI and KF8 rendering software in Kindle apps/devices. All of the new development is happening in the KFX format.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 04:16 PM   #24
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I think you missed the very first link on the page.
Thanks, now fixed.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:06 AM   #25
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
@pdurrant: for the nifty Applescript wrapper! I never noticed it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
... It appears to be frozen in time along with the MOBI and KF8 rendering software in Kindle apps/devices. All of the new development is happening in the KFX format.
Any thoughts on what the ramifications of this might be for the future of Kindlegen?
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:33 AM   #26
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
[Any thoughts on what the ramifications of this might be for the future of Kindlegen?
I doubt that kindlegen will be receiving further updates. They might release a 64-bit build of the current version for Mac since that is already present in the Kindle Previewer.

Books converted to master MOBI using kindlegen will be accepted by Amazon for the foreseeable future, but that Amazon will be adding new e-book features over time that are incompatible with that format. To make use of those features publishers will need to submit a DOCX, EPUB or KPF file instead.

Creating a master MOBI to sideload to devices for testing will become increasingly less common. Publishers will need to use the Kindle Previewer to see how their books will appear.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 03:10 PM   #27
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Thanks! I feel like I'm sliding into obsolescence with all my 32-bit apps and dependence on KF8
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:37 PM   #28
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
I wanted to use this tool to go through my Calibre pub library and convert automatically all the epub in mobi.

Is it a good tool for that?

I also seem to have an error, telling me the app file is corrupted and needs to be moved to trash.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:37 AM   #29
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Unless you have some very particular reason for wanting the output of Kindlegen, it's a lot easier to just use the calibre conversion to MOBI.

The app file certainly shouldn't be reporting that it's corrupted. Perhaps this is a security setting on your Mac. Make sure you're allowing non-Apple applications to run.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #30
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Good catch, I had to disable GateKeeper.

The thing is the Calibre conversion seems random for mobi both sent to the Amazon cloud. I sometimes get an old mobi downloaded on my Voyage.

Edith : Thank you I made it work.

Last edited by Almamida; 02-12-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote