Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #16
Katsunami
Wizard
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It is slow when I resize the window while it is displaying a list of all the books in my library, showing all columns. In my case, those are 9 columns, of which 5 are custom columns, and one is colored red.
Katsunami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 1, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
It is slow when I resize the window while it is displaying a list of all the books in my library, showing all columns. In my case, those are 9 columns, of which 5 are custom columns, and one is colored red.
I'll check it out. I have 12 columns, 4 are custom, and one is blue or not based on the read column.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:00 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What graphics card are you running? Mine is old and slow. I have a new one waiting to be installed. yes, it is a little bit slow when sizing the Calibre window. But when I get the new card in place, I'll test again.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #19
Katsunami
Wizard
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The graphics card should be fine. It's an nVidia GTX 560 Ti, using the latest drivers, which runs games such as The Witcher 2 on the highest settings without problems.

The graphics card is not going to make a difference for this 2D work.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Calibre is slow to update the Windows when you have a large window.I now have an EVGA Superclocked GTX 650 with 2gig of ram and it's no better for speed. It's not so slow that I cannot live with it.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #21
Katsunami
Wizard

I've just upgraded to Calibre 1.44, which, according to the changelog, had some improvements regarding GUI updating and rendering.

I don't know what Kovid did, but it's noticeably faster now. Not (yet) as fast as resizing an Explorer window, but there is a definite improvement. Thanks
Old 07-12-2014, 04:43 AM   #22
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I've just upgraded to Calibre 1.44, which, according to the changelog, had some improvements regarding GUI updating and rendering.

I don't know what Kovid did, but it's noticeably faster now. Not (yet) as fast as resizing an Explorer window, but there is a definite improvement. Thanks
We did two things:

1) Switch to using templates compiled to python so they run faster.
2) Cache negative color/icon results (templates that result in no color or icon), thus avoiding running them multiple times.

Note: if you have multiple color rules for the same column then be sure that you downloaded V1.44 after 14:00 Friday UK time. My first implementation was not entirely successful. Kovid remade the release with the fixes.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:26 AM   #23
Katsunami
Wizard

I downloaded it after work, so it would have been at least 18:00 Dutch time. Maybe I'll redownload and reinstall, just to be 100% sure I have the correct version.