Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 03:17 AM   #16
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Interesting, i didn't know calibre could do that.

I started using goodread. Mainly because of the pretty handy android app to scan pBooks. One of the problem with e-books is that editors are lazy when it comes to putting the ISBN into the metadata.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:32 AM   #17
Divingduck
Fanatic
Divingduck never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Divingduck never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Divingduck never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Divingduck never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Divingduck never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Divingduck never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Divingduck never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Divingduck never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Divingduck never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Divingduck never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Divingduck never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I am using calibre for both worlds, paper books and ebooks and it works very well for me. I had scan all my book covers and and the text on the back. Put it to OCR to become the book description / ISBN and what ever I need, put all information into calibre. In addition I add some additional metadata columns like book type, storage location and so on. What I learned was, that this program was even more flexible as the most programs I need pay a lot of money and do not fulfils my needs. You only need to think a bit how to use the advantage of flexibility from calibre. The only 2 things what is missing for me is the handling of audio-books and notification/ marker information of my Sony reader. May be, someone will some when make a nice plugin for this.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #18
mneimeyer
mneimeyer began at the beginning.

Device: Android / iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statch View Post
Unless I misunderstood the things i read about the Cuecat (very possible!), you have to physically modify one of the chips to 'confuse' it.
Not so... I don't remember where I found the code but I used it with a web page that uses just PHP to decode the raw output from the CueCat. Granted this doesn't help an end user but...

If anyone wants to try and use it for anything or translate it for Calibre I put the code online at http://pastebin.com/qFDQ5c9Y

Matt
mneimeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:46 AM   #19
Bohemia
Bohemia began at the beginning.

Device: none
Making bar codes list converting a MS Excel spreadsheet from columns in MS Excel. And barcodes can easily and quickly be created using Microsoft Excel. The spreadsheet application can take a Excel BarCode Plug-in and automatically generate a barcode.
Bohemia is offline   Reply With Quote