Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
ereaderSam
Connoisseur
ereaderSam doesn't litterereaderSam doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Any News about a New Simple Touch Ereader?

Has anyone heard any News of a New Simple Touch Ereader. They seemed to have closed them out everywhere. The only place I have found that still carries them is Walmart. Everyone else has seem to put them on clearance and close-out. I was wondering if the Glowlight was now going to be the only option. I would like to see a $50 dollar price point for a Nook Ereader.
ereaderSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderSam View Post
Has anyone heard any News of a New Simple Touch Ereader. They seemed to have closed them out everywhere. The only place I have found that still carries them is Walmart. Everyone else has seem to put them on clearance and close-out. I was wondering if the Glowlight was now going to be the only option. I would like to see a $50 dollar price point for a Nook Ereader.
I'm afraid the NST is history. That's why I scoured the pawn shops to find a backup. I also see them on Craigslist and eBay. But if you want one, I wouldn't wait around too long, I don't think they're coming back. As far as I'm concerned, they're still the best eReader device made -- at least for reading. Amazon has a huge advantage in the infrastructure departement, however.

I don't think Barnes & Noble will be coming out with a new, entry level, e-Ink eReader. I think the Nook Glowlight is it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #3
ereaderSam
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I'm afraid the NST is history. That's why I scoured the pawn shops to find a backup. I also see them on Craigslist and eBay. But if you want one, I wouldn't wait around too long, I don't think they're coming back. As far as I'm concerned, they're still the best eReader device made -- at least for reading. Amazon has a huge advantage in the infrastructure departement, however.

I don't think Barnes & Noble will be coming out with a new, entry level, e-Ink eReader. I think the Nook Glowlight is it.
Yes, that is why I have been thinking about going ahead and dropping down the $59 at Walmart for a new one. Last time I called my Walmart they had 7 left but they had a red clearance sticker on them. Officemax close them out at $35 but they were no where to be found. They are getting harder and harder to find.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderSam View Post
Yes, that is why I have been thinking about going ahead and dropping down the $59 at Walmart for a new one. Last time I called my Walmart they had 7 left but they had a red clearance sticker on them. Officemax close them out at $35 but they were no where to be found. They are getting harder and harder to find.
It's too bad you don't live in the DFW area. Here there is one Best Buy store (out of 29 or so) who still has them for sale for $50. There's also a guy on Craigslist who has a new one, never opened, with some kind of case, for $35. If no one has them on Craigslist, or there's no Best Buy with them in your area, or if there are no pawn shops that might have them and, if you don't want to buy a used one on eBay, then $59 is probably about the best deal you're going to find. The prices for new and refurbished ones on eBay have gone up quite a bit in the last month. Supply and demand, I guess.

EDIT: And it appears there is one at Frys in Webster, TX (wherever that is) for $30 on clearance. But that could just be a mis-inventory. (Same with the Best Buy in this area.)

Last edited by rcentros; 06-13-2014 at 07:26 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
ereaderSam
Connoisseur

All the Best Buy's in my area say unavailable. I tried to match the Officemax price at Walmart but they stated unless it was in an Advertisement they would not match the price. So I guess they would not match a Best Buy internet price either.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:28 AM   #6
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I found a couple of NSTs on clearance for $25 at a Wal-Mart in Litchfield MN last weekend, and the B&N in Eagan MN still has a couple of NSTs for $59, both getting a $5 credit good for the first 5 days after you register it.

Last edited by bgalbrecht; 06-26-2014 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Woot! Got the $5 credit on the NST I bought at Wal-Mart!
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote