Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 05-31-2014, 08:26 AM   #16
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano, & a PC running Windows 9.
I really liked the characters of Robin and Strike, though I wished Robin hadn't been so overshadowed by Strike by the book's end. I cared what happen to them, and that's a huge compliment in my humble opinion. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel once the price drops a bit.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:35 AM   #17
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
I liked the book and look forward to the next in the series.
obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:04 PM   #18
Dazrin
Guru
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 3G, various Android devices
I finally had a chance to read this and very much enjoyed it. I rarely read any mystery books, the last being another book club read from last May, so I am not particularly familiar with the tropes, etc. I really enjoyed how Strike's character and personality were developed through the story. Robin was also interesting to watch, but it would have been nice to learn more about her. I suppose that will be in the next book.

Thanks for pushing me towards something I wouldn't have otherwise read!
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:41 AM   #19
sun surfer
in this great future
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mini & sony 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I finally had a chance to read this and very much enjoyed it. I rarely read any mystery books, the last being another book club read from last May, so I am not particularly familiar with the tropes, etc. I really enjoyed how Strike's character and personality were developed through the story. Robin was also interesting to watch, but it would have been nice to learn more about her. I suppose that will be in the next book.

Thanks for pushing me towards something I wouldn't have otherwise read!
Glad you liked it, Dazrin. I read the other day that Rowling envisages this series being longer than the Potter series. I'm looking forward to reading the second offering which is also getting good reviews (it's at 4.13 at the moment on Goodreads), and am considering buying the audiobook instead of the ebook, but in puzzle mysteries I sometimes like to look back while I'm reading to previous sections to compare or reference clues so I'm not sure if audio is the right way to go for these.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote