Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #37516
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Wow! Time to go traveling?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #37517
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Picking stuff up off the floor after a 5.8 earthquake centered not far from us along the Burmese border. No damage here, but shaky on the 15th floor!

Stitchawl
You've been followed from Japan!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #37518
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I was living in L.A in '71 for the "Sylmar Quake," living in Osaka (right next to Kobe) in '95 for the "Great Kobe Quake," living in Thailand in '04 during the Tsunami... it's Mother Nature's way of keeping me humble. Unfortunately.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:35 PM   #37519
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Waiting for the battery on the lawn tractor to charge so I can mow the lawn outside of the dog pen. This will be the third time I've used the lawn tractor this year, and each time I've had to charge the battery. If this keeps up too many more times, I just may begin to suspect that it might need a new battery.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:30 AM   #37520
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I took a Zyrtec before I went for my fourth (and final) dental visit yesterday to replace old and cracked fillings, and it along with the nitrous enabled me to actually doze off during the procedure, lol. Since I am dental phobic this is huge, and I chalk it up to having found an awesome dentist who cares about my comfort and engages with me. (First time I've been to a woman dentist - maybe the smaller hands help?) We've made a habit of debriefing (along with the dental assistant) every week about the current Game of Thrones episode, and when I left yesterday the three of us set up a lunch date for the Monday after the finale. How awesome is that?
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #37521
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Very cool!
Old 05-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #37522
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I took a Zyrtec before I went for my fourth (and final) dental visit yesterday to replace old and cracked fillings, and it along with the nitrous enabled me to actually doze off during the procedure, lol. Since I am dental phobic this is huge, and I chalk it up to having found an awesome dentist who cares about my comfort and engages with me. (First time I've been to a woman dentist - maybe the smaller hands help?) We've made a habit of debriefing (along with the dental assistant) every week about the current Game of Thrones episode, and when I left yesterday the three of us set up a lunch date for the Monday after the finale. How awesome is that?
Hi Betty! What a great dental office and dentist you found. Have fun at the lunch.
I had a female dentist for the first time, a few years ago, and I was surprised at the difference. Unfortunately, she recently sold her business, to stay home with the kids, and I was back to a male dentist again. Bummer, as I broke a piece of my tooth (when eating popcorn last night) and I have an appointment today.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #37523
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Today I was at the Division of Motor Vehicles for 2½ chapters of The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert (J.K. Rowling) Galbraith. The DMV experience is much better than it used to be, but I still don't see how anyone can handle going there without an e-reader.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #37524
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Today I was at the Division of Motor Vehicles for 2½ chapters of The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert (J.K. Rowling) Galbraith. The DMV experience is much better than it used to be, but I still don't see how anyone can handle going there without an e-reader.
Be happy that's it's the DMV in NC rather than Immigration in Chiang Mai. When I go there I have to bring my re-charger...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:59 PM   #37525
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So - yesterday I had a crew clean out the gutters and remove all the debris on the roof from all our spring storms. The sound of feet & voices on the roof spooked the cats - esp. Stella. When I got home, Stella continuously paced the rooms, opening cabinet doors and looking behind room doors - to make sure those loud voices were gone. When I went into the bathroom for my shower, she raced ahead and looked behind the shower curtain at both ends - before allowing me to take a shower. She was still rattled, but wasn't going to risk my life by letting me enter an uninspected bath tub.

She is part dog, and - for a cat of her size - quite timid around strangers.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #37526
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
I used to have a cat who would get in the shower while it was running. She's just sit there, staring up with that "why aren't you paying attention to me" look.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #37527
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Watching the Eurovision Song Contest. Apparently, one of the favourites is a bearded "lady", which, if you haven't seen it before, tells you a lot about Eurovision.

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 05-10-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #37528
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

about to go get horse feed and dog and cat food, need to stock up
Old 05-10-2014, 04:32 PM   #37529
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Started to thunder - so I ran out & quickly mowed the lawn .... hot & sticky & gusty today ...
Old 05-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #37530
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Other folks go skiing, horseback riding, and skydiving and comeback without a scratch. Me, I tried going to the library yesterday, tripped over a speed bump in the road, and fractured my skull in two places. This is just embarrassing. First thing they did at the emergency room was to put my a cervical collar on my neck—one of the few places over my shoulders that wasn't hurting. That thing as as troubling as the pain I was in. I actually threw up when they put it on. I guess I wasn't being a very good patient, because just before I did, I told them to get this thing off me, it was making me sick. I've never liked wearing ties, I can barely tolerate a v-neck tee shirt. If I believed in reincarnation, I might suppose I had been hanged in a former life or something, but I have never liked anything around my neck. I was so glad when they removed it after a CT scan showed no spinal damage. Of course, the nausea was more related to the concussion than the neck brace, and I managed to throw up later just fine as they were prepping me for discharge even without the brace. My poor wife stayed with the whole time, from around 11:00 AM until about 5:30. She's a good one. I think I'll keep her.

So there it is, two skull fractures (one just over my left eye, the other to my left sinus), one fat lip, a concussion, and a bruised rib. I feel much better today but doubt I'll be posting much here today here today.

Oh, and for all the doubters: The doctor said my "brain looks fine."

In the spoiler below: my pretty face upon returning home from the E.R.:

Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tom vs Speed Bump.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	882.1 KB
ID:	122863
(Click to enlarge.)

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-11-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?