Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-29-2014, 10:55 AM   #481
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
Well standardization of image size fix multiple other problems so for sure I will not change that.

There are reasons why PNG output is not enabled by default. JPEG compression artifacts are not visible (or extremely hard to spot) on Kindle screen. It is simply not worth wasting space. I never seen real Kobo Aura HD but you should check it.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:50 AM   #482
aznridah
aznridah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Gen 2
My kindle 2 isn't formatting correctly when converting to mobi. I click on Upscale, and issues of the walking dead do not fill the screen. I can't seem to get my kindle 2 into full screen mode as well. Any tips on what i am suppose to do?
aznridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:31 AM   #483
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle 2 don't support fullscreen.

Upscale will not fill entire screen as it trying to keep image ratio intact. Use Stretch option if you want to force usage of entire available screen.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:54 AM   #484
CyborgArmGun
CyborgArmGun began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Suggestions and Questions

Hey! I've been using your converter for quite a while now, and I've noticed two kinds of annoying things.

I mass convert comics for a project, and the first thing that bugs me is the inability to convert to both .epub AND .mobi at the same time, seeing as ehen creating .mobi it does this anyway, but deletes the .epub afterward. Second is on big files, I've noticed it'll split my ebooks into teo files. I'm very frustrated by this as I see no good reason WHY it would need to do this.

Hope you have an answer and some feedback, thanks!

Last edited by CyborgArmGun; 04-21-2014 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Spelling
CyborgArmGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:33 AM   #485
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

When you creating MOBI files all EPUB files are intermediate product. They are not valid EPUBs due the embedded Amazon code. They are created only to be processed by KindleGen.

Splitting. Well there is one very good reason. KindleGen have output size limit.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:57 AM   #486
CyborgArmGun

Sads. Ok ty for letting me know. So for out put I guess time to turn Ultra mode off!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:59 AM   #487
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Could you elaborate? I don't see connection.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 04-21-2014 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:32 PM   #488
CyborgArmGun

My files i was using to convert were big files, and "High/Ultra" mode was checked. It was a very big book so putting it as intermediate created a single .mobi.

Also, concerning my project, is it save to edit these books in Calibre? It seems that they really don't like to be. All I'm editing is the metadata but they do NOT stick.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:33 AM   #489
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/wiki/Important-tips

Well IMHO one MOBI file per volume is acceptable.

You should not touch ready files with anything. If you need set metadata in output file use ComicRack metadata support and let KCC handle it.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 04-22-2014 at 02:13 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #490
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I'm currently open to suggestions what need to be tweaked/fixed or added to KCC.

I fixed all small errors, tweaked overzealous margin cropper and I'm almost ready to next release.
Still waiting for Pillow 2.5.0 that fix problems with RBGA PNG files.

There is one big spot that need optimization - MOBI cleaning stage could be much faster - but I'm not skilled enough to do that.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:59 PM   #491
duanpv
duanpv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle basic
My kindle 4 NT can't use Toc. Should i do?
duanpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:52 AM   #492
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@duanpv - I'm sorry but I don't understand your problem.

I finally put my hands on Paperwhite. Let see if I can get KCC output get even better - now when I have direct access to hardware :-)
Old 05-05-2014, 05:41 AM   #493
firehawk12
firehawk12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle 3
If a cbz/cbr is organized with folders making up individual chapters of a volume, I know that KCC will convert those pages out of order.
Other than extracting the original manga volume cbz and making individual cbz files for each individual chapter before converting them with KCC, is there another way to convert the full volume and still keep the page order?
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:50 AM   #494
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

KCC is keeping proper page order.

If files inside your CBZ archive use one following schemes and files are properly named everything will be ok.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #495
firehawk12
firehawk12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle 3
Hrm, do chapters have to be specifically titled "Chapter#" in the cbz? That seems to be the only thing that is wrong with my file that I can see.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kindle tools