Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
spell checker & apostrophes

When using en-GB dictionary the spell checker marks any word with an apostrophe as an error - is there any way I can fix that?

The following are not the answer I want

"use 'en-US' dictionary"
"use Linux"
"change Keyboard to 'English (United Kingdom)'"

BTW when I go the link in hunspell\about.txt I end up in Libre Office but the dictionaries offered there are .oxt files - sigil has .aff and .dic files ??

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-14-2014 at 08:20 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
BTW when I go the link in hunspell\about.txt I end up in Libre Office but the dictionaries offered there are .oxt files - sigil has .aff and .dic files ??
Sorted - OXT's are yet another rebadged ZIP - I'll try the dic and aff files in there.

BR
Old 04-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Sorted - OXT's are yet another rebadged ZIP - I'll try the dic and aff files in there.
By gosh and begorrah - that seems to have fixed it

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-14-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Huh, you're tired of me mentioning it seems to work on linux already?? After only two times (I think)?

Um, sorry about that.

Just thought I'd stop by and say I get the problem with the en_US dictionary too. So that shouldn't be a fix.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Huh, you're tired of me mentioning it seems to work on linux already?? After only two times (I think)?

Um, sorry about that.

Just thought I'd stop by and say I get the problem with the en_US dictionary too. So that shouldn't be a fix.
I'm using the English dictionaries from here http://extensions.libreoffice.org/ex...s-dictionaries

In Sigil and now in Calibre ebook-edit too

I'm not sure why that en_GB dictionary works and the one that Sigil ships doesn't. I had a brief look at them, but nothing jumpt from the screen saying 'loook-at-meee', 'loook-at-meee'.

BR