Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #16
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Was Sony part of the ebook pricing settlement and were they supposed to give back money like Amazon and B&N did? If so, what a COINCIDENCE that they shuttered the store on 3/20 and the settlement credits came through on 3/25???

Also, I haven't received an email about the transfer to Kobo. Should I have received that by now?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:18 PM   #17
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, T2; KPW2; iPad Mini Retina; Nooks
Lots of people haven't received emails yet. Me too as an example! They seem to be doing it in phases.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:21 PM   #18
phardy
phardy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950 & PRS-T3
I received the letter early this morning, signed up for a Kobo account and moved my ebook collection. Ten of the twelve missing books are academic titles, one is from an indie press and one is public domain. Download your books, people!

Pat
phardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #19
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
I just received my email. Ten titles were not able to be transferred because they are not for sale in the Kobo store. Bummer. Weird, because I know for a fact that my Brautigan titles ARE on sale at the Kobo store; I've seen them there.

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 03-28-2014 at 02:51 PM.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:40 AM   #20
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
I received the email and transferred my account but my gift card credit balance did not transfer! I called Kobo and they are working to fix it. About 25 of 80 books were not available. All backed up safely here at home though.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:23 AM   #21
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver
I got my email for the transfer of books. They transferred with no problems not sure how many didn't transfer.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:33 PM   #22
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black)
Finally received my email. Three of 116 did not transfer but one was a preview and I had downloaded all anyway. Don't care much for Kobo website. Can't even sort by author.
--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #23
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 300, 350 Pink & Silver, Black & Red T1, K4NT, KPW, Red T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdragons View Post
I got my email for the transfer of books. They transferred with no problems not sure how many didn't transfer.

It tells you right on the page. It gives you a number and it lists the titles that transferred and those that didn't.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:12 AM   #24
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Was Sony part of the ebook pricing settlement and were they supposed to give back money like Amazon and B&N did? If so, what a COINCIDENCE that they shuttered the store on 3/20 and the settlement credits came through on 3/25???

Also, I haven't received an email about the transfer to Kobo. Should I have received that by now?

eP
I got a paper check in the mail on Saturday about the ebook pricing settlement. Oh what to do with my whopping $4.85 check? Almost seems like a conspiracy but I don't think so.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:17 AM   #25
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Lots of people haven't received emails yet. Me too as an example! They seem to be doing it in phases.
I got the email on friday, my roommate still hasn't gotten it. After you do the transfer there is a firmware update for your reader that removes Sony bookstore and changes it to read Kobo Bookstore. It also removes the facebook app (that I never used anyway). Tapping on the Kobo bookstore just tells you the store isn't ready yet and if you want to buy a book do it on a computer and side-load it with a USB (which is funny to me because in the past I would go to Kobo on the browser of my device buy a epub [not kepub] and could download it from the website directly into the reader).
Old 03-31-2014, 03:46 PM   #26
PatGIV
Enthusiast
PatGIV began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 & T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny View Post
I got a paper check in the mail on Saturday about the ebook pricing settlement. Oh what to do with my whopping $4.85 check? Almost seems like a conspiracy but I don't think so.
You're nothing but a pauper, got mine today in the amount of $6.09. Gonna go look @ new pickups and use it for a down payment!
PatGIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:13 PM   #27
katojenist
katojenist began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-350, PRS-950, T1, T2
I just did my transfer. Out of 535 books, 477 transferred beautifully! And so did my $72.00 Reader Store credit. That's not so bad. Most of the books that didn't transfer were either freebies or really cheap. However, I'm surprised that my Michael Connelly and Jeffrey Archer books didn't transfer. Hmmm..................
katojenist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:31 PM   #28
luvduchovny
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by katojenist View Post
I just did my transfer. Out of 535 books, 477 transferred beautifully! And so did my $72.00 Reader Store credit. That's not so bad. Most of the books that didn't transfer were either freebies or really cheap. However, I'm surprised that my Michael Connelly and Jeffrey Archer books didn't transfer. Hmmm..................

$72.00? Whoa you must buy all your books from Sony or at least a lot of McMillan and Penguin books.

I was surprised Jeffrey Archer didn't move over to Kobo as well.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:08 PM   #29
katojenist
katojenist began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-350, PRS-950, T1, T2
My family bought me Sony Reader Gift cards for birthdays and Christmas. I am probably one of the few that absolutely loved the Sony Reader Store. (I think I even teared up a little when I received my first email about their closure.) I never updated their website. Their old store, in my opinion, was the best. I did see the "new and updated version" and didn't care for it. So yes, I bought 99% of my books there.
katojenist is offline   Reply With Quote