Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #1
tbord
tbord began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Paperwhite - converted EPUB can't switch fonts

Hello,

Recently I have bought an EPUB e-book counting that Calibre would convert it automatically and I could read it with no problems, but when I opened the ebook in Kindle (Paperwhite), it was with an ugly font (typewriter like) , so I tried to switch it to one of the others, but it simply didin't change.

I even tried to go deeper in the issue, and followed the steps shown in this thread http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61587 , but it hasn't changed anything at all.

I dont want much, for me if I could change them for Futura font for once, it will be already pretty good, I just wold like to get rid of this typewriter font, can you suggest me something?

thanks!
tbord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Sounds as if the book has a hardcoded font. Easiest way to fix this is to reconvert the book in Calibre, and tell Calibre to strip out font information.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote