Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #136
Ficko
Ficko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The only way is to put them in a directory with a name that starts with a PERIOD.

So make a directory called .hidden and put the PNG txt files etc there.
Thanks, I know that but I can't change androids directories to "." at will or can I ?

Will it not screew up the system ?
Ficko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #137
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
OOPS... Sorry I forgot yhis was Android!

But also, all I meant was try making a directory who's name begins with a PERIOD; this is the standard convention for a hidden directory unit *nix based operating systems.

Last edited by PeterT; 03-08-2014 at 01:49 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:44 PM   #138
Ficko
Ficko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
OOPS... Sorry I forgot yhis was Android!
Yes, and No.

Sorry I should have expressed my self more clearly what I am looking for to solve.

I have installed "Android" and from "Google Play" some prgs to it.
Now I have of curse directories with pictures, files etc. that are bellonging to diverse programs - Not something I want to have listed in Kobos library -

But If I start Kobo - not Android - then Kobo does add all this pictures etc. from the sdcard, which is quite anoying having almost 100 of them.
Ficko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #139
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficko View Post
Yes, and No.

Sorry I should have expressed my self more clearly what I am looking for to solve.

I have installed "Android" and from "Google Play" some prgs to it.
Now I have of curse directories with pictures, files etc. that are bellonging to diverse programs - Not something I want to have listed in Kobos library -

But If I start Kobo - not Android - then Kobo does add all this pictures etc. from the sdcard, which is quite anoying having almost 100 of them.
So make the directory the files are on start with a PERIOD. Just try it....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:24 AM   #140
bakakun028
bakakun028 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
On my Kobo Touch, it loads up fine but the touch screen doesnt register anything...
bakakun028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #141
Myr
Myr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Does anybody have a working Play Store? I downloaded the Kobo Glo dual boot image, but I always get error 921 when I try to download anything from the play store. I only managed to download something once.
I even tried to rewrite the Android image again, using another google account, but I got the same results...
I also have a "Google Talk authentication failed" notification, this may or may not be related.
Myr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:03 AM   #142
Don_Karnage
Don_Karnage began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360 , kobo glo
anyone could update dualbot image with the back button working on the light ?
im fighting with ubuntu ..... first time ...to do that but i dont success ...
thanks
Don_Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #143
zufre
Enthusiast
zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo/Nook ST
Auto rotate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravikaleova View Post
- This member has now been banned for spamming us - MODERATOR.
You have to execute Kobo rotate once
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=154
Once executed it will execute every time Android starts and adapt the sensor points automatically when any application changes the orientation.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-30-2014 at 11:14 AM.
zufre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #144
embryo
Addict
embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Karnage View Post
anyone could update dualbot image with the back button working on the light ?
im fighting with ubuntu ..... first time ...to do that but i dont success ...
thanks
I updated the Image list at the first post.
Now there is also a modified version of Marek's Glo Image ([MarekGibek's]+++ ).

Updated: Kobo Rotate App, AlReader, TotalCommander, Moon+ Reader.
Added: Auto Mount, FBReader, ES Explorer, Display Brightness, BatteryOverlayPercent.
More e-Ink friendly settings.
You can uninstall the Tolino app and still connect Glo with a computer.

There is a Stand-alone and a Dual-boot version. The Dual-boot version has also the "Back" button (Light) fix.

Last edited by embryo; 03-13-2014 at 08:03 AM.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:11 AM   #145
Myr
Myr began at the beginning.

I think something went wrong with the upload(dual boot version)...I tried 4 different mirrors and all of them had a 0kb file.
Myr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:04 AM   #146
embryo
Addict
embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.embryo got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myr View Post
I think something went wrong with the upload(dual boot version)...I tried 4 different mirrors and all of them had a 0kb file.
Links fixed
Old 03-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #147
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
Anyone done the Aura HD dual boot thing?

I'm trying to set it up, but running into a snag at the backup stage. Here's what I've done (3 times)...

1) I wrote the 2014-02-28 image from Angor to an 8GB card using imaging tool from Angor's blog

2) Using MiniTool partition wizard I added the 1GB of unallocated space to the KOBO EXTSD partition

3) inserted card into Aura HD, device sees card fine and KOBO EXTSD can be accessed fine when HD is connected to PC.

4) Connected HD to PC and extracted & copied over KoboRoot.tgz from fix-udev-tgz.zip to .kobo folder on HD's internal memory (tried 2nd download of the file when it didn't seem to work the first two times)

5) Ejected HD and unplugged from PC. Device goes to Restarting screen (black w/ restarting in bottom left) then device goes to white screen with five outlined squares in the center. First three squares fill in fairly quickly and then the Kobo home screen shows up. No 15ish min. backup takes place.

6) Connect device to PC and KoboRoot.tgz is gone from .kobo folder. No folder called .KoboBackup and no file called KoboFirmware.img exist anywhere.

I'm sure I'm probably missing something, but can't figure it out. I've been following the instructions posted here...
http://angor00.blogspot.ru/2014/02/b...nal-sd-on.html

Working on a Windows 8.1 PC, Aura HD running firmware 3.2.0

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-15-2014 at 01:58 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #148
Sanxel
Sanxel began at the beginning.

Quote:
[MarekGibek's]+++ This is a modified version of Marek's Glo Image.
I updated Kobo Rotate App, AlReader, TotalCommander, Moon+ Reader - Added Auto Mount, FBReader, ES Explorer, Display Brightness, BatteryOverlayPercent and made it more e-Ink friendly. There is a Stand-alone and a Dual-boot version. The Dualboot version has also the "Back" button (Light) fix.
Hello. I am considering the update to this version. Want to know if i will see any difference in terms of e-ink, if i basically only use Zo Reader and Perfect Viwer. I now have the angor00's dualboot image installed.
Tnx

Last edited by Sanxel; 03-14-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Sanxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:32 PM   #149
embryo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanxel View Post
Hello. I am considering the update to this version. Want to know if i will see any difference in terms of e-ink, if i basically only use Zo Reader and Perfect Viwer. I now have the angor00's dualboot image installed.
Tnx
I didn't change anything from the system side of the image (apart from the "back button" fix and the updated "Rotate" app).
Just the settings of the Launcher and of the various programs...
Old 03-15-2014, 02:06 AM   #150
Sanxel
Sanxel began at the beginning.

embryo, ok, thanks. I'll just update the rotate app then.
Please tell what's the correct way to do it. Just uninstall, install and launch it once? And where to get the latest version?
Sanxel is offline   Reply With Quote