Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #151
marshap
marshap began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
After update the two-finger light adjustment feature is no longer working.
marshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #152
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshap View Post
After update the two-finger light adjustment feature is no longer working.
Still working after update on my Aura 6" : what device do you use ?

As for the dictionnary, what I miss is the little cross on top right of the pop-up to close it You can in fact touch the screen anywhere to close it, but I still, I miss that.
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #153
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Glo, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
Still working after update on my Aura 6" : what device do you use ?

As for the dictionnary, what I miss is the little cross on top right of the pop-up to close it You can in fact touch the screen anywhere to close it, but I still, I miss that.
There is a hack to enable the two finger light adjustment for the Glo and Aura HD ereaders. The Aura HD gets a new kernel during the update so the hack disappears but no other ill effects. On the Glo, if you update while it is installed, you can/will lose your touch screen which will require a factory reset to get your Kobo back to being usable.

The Aura (capacitive screen) has that capability baked into the factory firmware so it's not an issue for Aura users.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 03-05-2014 at 03:55 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:02 PM   #154
Lynx-lynx
Cheeky Kiki!!
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo
I never realised that the Glo had the 2 finger swipe light alteration capability until yesterday.

I upgraded my device using Desktop and some time later whilst reading I manually adjusted the light setting. When I closed the light setting box up popped a dialogue box alerting me to the 2 finger process.

I tried it - but couldn't get it to work.

I only have the Kobo software - no hacks or other programs like David For's.

How long has the Glo had this feature? And I presme it should work, and mine doesn't seem to - although it may be my poor technique.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #155
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
It doesn't really have that feature. At least not right now. I think you are seeing a piece of coding that shouldn't really be there at the moment. One of the beta members also had a similar experience.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #156
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
It doesn't really have that feature. At least not right now. I think you are seeing a piece of coding that shouldn't really be there at the moment. One of the beta members also had a similar experience.
/me raises his hand.. Me
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:17 PM   #157
Risto40
Enthusiast
Risto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Glo
It seems that the fw 3.2.0 is not so responsive to touches any more (I'm using Glo). Often when I tap to turn page nothing happens first time. Must touch the screen again. And also when playing word scramble, then it just doesn't select letters I want to select.
Anyone else have such issues with touch screen?

Last edited by Risto40; 03-05-2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: grammar corrections
Risto40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #158
marshap
marshap began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Sorry, I neglected to state I have the Aura in my post about the two-finger light adjustment feature not working after 3.2.0. I now do not believe it is the fault of the update, but perhaps a faulty download. My aura updated over wifi when I had a very weak connection and I suspect it stopped, then started, during the update. Anyway, I have since done a factory reset, re-updated to 3.2.0, and all is well now. Fully functional as far as I can tell.
marshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #159
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto40 View Post
It seems that the fw 3.2.0 is not so responsive to touches any more (I'm using Glo). Often when I tap to turn page nothing happens first time. Must touch the screen again. And also when playing word scramble, then it just doesn't select letters I want to select.
Anyone else have such issues with touch screen?
Yes to the dead taps and less responsive pick in word scramble. Seems to be a device specific thing (i.e. a few have it, most don't even with same base hardware).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:50 AM   #160
Dryhte
Enthusiast
Dryhte is a jewel in the roughDryhte is a jewel in the roughDryhte is a jewel in the roughDryhte is a jewel in the roughDryhte is a jewel in the roughDryhte is a jewel in the roughDryhte is a jewel in the roughDryhte is a jewel in the roughDryhte is a jewel in the roughDryhte is a jewel in the roughDryhte is a jewel in the rough

It would be nice to have a list in the first post which compiles all bug fixes and newly introduced issues in one post...
For myself, I can't find any issues with this firmware (but then I didn't have any problems with the previous one either)
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #161
Risto40
Enthusiast
Risto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to behold

few other issues with this firmware, on Glo.
- when wifi is enabled, the wifi sign often disappears on top bar. When taping on top bar, then wifi sign is there. When taping on it to disable wifi, then the sign re-appears on the top bar.
- when wifi is turned off, then restart device then the wifi is ON.
- often device says unexpected error when trying to open web browser or sync. Must restart device to get things back working.
Risto40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #162
deathline
deathline began at the beginning.

Hi , I have a Kobo Glo.I have installed 3.2.0 update manually.Update proccess is normal like everytime but device cant reboot after update.In booting only progress bar(four square) seems and holding there.Pc cant detect kobo , hard reset button repeat boot and holding.Is there any way to fix kobo without opening back cover?
deathline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:30 AM   #163
arasyi
Connoisseur
arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathline View Post
Hi , I have a Kobo Glo.I have installed 3.2.0 update manually.Update proccess is normal like everytime but device cant reboot after update.In booting only progress bar(four square) seems and holding there.Pc cant detect kobo , hard reset button repeat boot and holding.Is there any way to fix kobo without opening back cover?
Try factory reset.
Turn it off by holding the power slider for couple of seconds.
After you're sure that it's turned off, hold the front light button, and while still holding it, slide the power button.
Note: you'll lose your data.
arasyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:07 AM   #164
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony (J) PRS 650, Kobo Mini and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto40 View Post
few other issues with this firmware, on Glo.
- when wifi is enabled, the wifi sign often disappears on top bar. When taping on top bar, then wifi sign is there. When taping on it to disable wifi, then the sign re-appears on the top bar.
- when wifi is turned off, then restart device then the wifi is ON.
- often device says unexpected error when trying to open web browser or sync. Must restart device to get things back working.
Have you already provided some data regarding your device to the thread that tries to find what's wrong with the WIFI connection?
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #165
hleo12
Zealot
hleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

I just updated my Glo a few days ago. There's a touchscreen problem that popped up.

Sometimes, when I touch the right edge, almost on the bezel, to turn a page, the page gets bookmarked instead. Then sometimes when I touch away from the edge, the device that naps I'm touching the middle of the screen. But all in all, I think my Glo is faster than it was before...
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote