Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #526
nettle
nettle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi,
I would like to create a plugin for automatically downloading new issues from issuu.com and sending emails with the PDFs to kindle.
issuu.com has an API for getting issues: http://developers.issuu.com/api/ and bookmarks.
However, each user will need to store their API key/secret in the plugin settings, as the API allows authentication for (allmost) all calls.
Do you think the plugin will be useful to you, and do you have any security concerns?
nettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #527
rracoon01
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Tag Cleaner need

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@schuster -[*]I mentioned on another thread an idea for a "Tag Cleaner". It would use a similar approach to that in the Goodreads Metadata download plugin of defining a mapping between input tags and tags you want to use in your library. You would have a gui allowing you to customise and control which tags map to each and discard any you do not have a mapping for. It would work across metadata sources (including the ability to remap the Goodreads tags) as you would do it as a separate step after your normal Ctrl+D download. So if you are frustrated with getting a dozen variants of "sci-fi, scifi, science fiction" this would automatically resolve them rather than manually retyping the tags yourself.[/LIST]
I heartily second this idea for Calibre. I have about 1,200 books in my library and have just painstakingly rationalized the over 400 tags downloaded with the metadata down to a useful 120. Having done that I now obviously want to keep the list clean. Ideally the add books and edit metadata code should check incoming tags against a user maintained database of tags (an extension of the tag manager?) and 1) map incoming tags to p referenced tags via the database, 2) discard incoming tags that are in the database but do not map to a new tag, and 3) alert the user to new tags that are not in the database with appropriate options on how to deal with them. The last item might have intelligent suggestions like if some variant of "SciFi" comes in that is not in the database, it might spot the similarity to "SciFi" and optionally add a new mapping item to the database. As noted in the original post, this is similar, but more expansive than, the GoodReads plugin.

If I ever learn Python, I would look into it myself. The latest language I have learned since my assembler language and Fortran days (yes I am an old fart) is Visual Basic.

Please and thanks.
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:33 AM   #528
AJLane
AJLane began at the beginning.

When sending a book via email the title and author are included in the text body of the email. Is there a way or plugin so that the metadata comments are also included so the receiver can see a summary when they receive the book?
AJLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #529
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJLane View Post
When sending a book via email the title and author are included in the text body of the email. Is there a way or plugin so that the metadata comments are also included so the receiver can see a summary when they receive the book?
Your wish appears to have been granted! Kovid changed this for you, see here: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...484d132a7139ef

calibre is awesome!

Kovid!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #530
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Your wish appears to have been granted! Kovid changed this for you, see here: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...484d132a7139ef

calibre is awesome!

Kovid!
He obviously doesn't have enough to do

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #531
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It was a simple change and I liked the idea
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:18 AM   #532
AJLane

Is there a way to include the book description in the body of an email when sending a book via email?
Old 02-14-2014, 06:26 AM   #533
AJLane

That is great, just what I was looking for.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #534
ampecs
ampecs began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
tmx to bilingual ebook

Hello:
It would be interesting a plugin to convert tmx align text to ebook in several ways, 2 columns, phrase by phrase , or alternating pages.
As tmx is a xml format transforming mustn't be quite difficult I hope, and for learning languages it would be wonderful.
Thank you
ampecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #535
mashebro
mashebro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
would like to have plugins for right click menu "mount file/iso" if i right click library file in calibre (this will be useful for people run win 8 or linux and add iso file to their library)

thanx
mashebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #536
s.lee.f
s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4 non touch
Some sort of personalisation plugin.
s.lee.f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #537
bittenfig
bittenfig began at the beginning.

Automatic Book Classifier

I'd like a plugin that classifies books according to a Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) or Library of Congress Classification (LCC) based on a given title and/or author. This could be done through OCLC's Classify tool. The documentation for the API is available here.

I have neither the adequate programming experience or skills with Calibre plugins to be able to do this myself, but would be motivated to give it a try if someone could help me out. I know a fair amount of Python, but have never modified Calibre before. Thanks!
bittenfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:33 PM   #538
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I didn't know where else to put this...Can the "Match this book to...." option be made to do a preliminary search. Most times search by what is there comes up with a prelim list that has what you need and this could save a few clicks.

ty
gabby98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #539
JaiGuru
JaiGuru began at the beginning.

Hello. I'm a new participant so I apologize if this is the wrong place for this.

What I wanted to request was a plugin that would add speed reading functionality to Calibre. Speed reading apps have become pretty popular. They flash a single word at you, at an adjustable wpm that enable you to learn to ingest information faster by silencing your internal dialogue. While this is not an ideal way to read all forms of text it is highly useful for some. I'd love to have this in Calibre so I don't have to open another program or webs site and copy text over.

Thank you for considering my idea!
JaiGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #540
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiGuru View Post
Hello. I'm a new participant so I apologize if this is the wrong place for this.

What I wanted to request was a plugin that would add speed reading functionality to Calibre. Speed reading apps have become pretty popular. They flash a single word at you, at an adjustable wpm that enable you to learn to ingest information faster by silencing your internal dialogue. While this is not an ideal way to read all forms of text it is highly useful for some. I'd love to have this in Calibre so I don't have to open another program or webs site and copy text over.

Thank you for considering my idea!
You can use any (format supporting)viewer you want with Calibre.

2 ways:

1) Preference: Behavior: (right column) Use internal Viewer: remove the TICK for those you ONLY want the OS to support.

2) Use the Open With Plugin and Create a 'Speed reader' app entry for the app you use.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote