Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-01-2014, 02:32 AM   #16
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo aura HD, Kobo Arc, Sony T2, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 , Kindle for PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Install ES File Explorer - you can use it to access your Dropbox account and download books to your HDX.

And yes - some apps that worked on the HD no longer work on the HDX.
ok i finally got the explorer + dtop box link to work with a couple of test books but it was not intuitive. a lot of " you cannot paste tht here"... my 32GB HDX seems to have 2 storage areas (sdcard? ) locations but one is empty ?. and you can't paste directly into into books library you have to navigate & paste into some storage location. HDX has "libraries" I guess they are meta folders like in win 7, so you cannot add to them directly ?

Plus searching a big calibre dropbox library via es explorer is messy. I am using copy to clipboard followed by navigate some more & then paste.

so would I be better off with a different cloud app & populate it with calibre send to folder option for a flat file structure. We are using up the 5gb free amazon cloud drive for photos so I'd prefer to find some other freebie for my mobi/azw books
cybmole is online now   Reply With Quote