Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
For Curiosities sake, I was wondering if any of the people outside of the US had gotten and tried one of those PrePaid Credit Cards you can get with the kindle store.
I helped someone recently out side of the US that bought a Kindle using a Paypal one time credit card number. (Paypal one time really means one vendor unless you put a $ limit on it). He was able to buy his Kindle with it, shipped through a forwarding service he said he uses often.

From there he bought Amazon gift cards and registered them to his account. He could buy books with it. However, he found that once he registered a non-us credit card to the account again he couldn't buy any more. Creating a second account for just Kindle and Kindle ebooks seems the best way around that.

So, yes it seems that it can be done. Perhaps this person will want to step into the light, but I think I've got it right.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:29 PM   #17
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
Yes, DG, I had seen CTmom's informative post. Apparently there can still be problems downloading content over the internet even if you physically have possession of a US account registered Kindle, have a US account with a US credit card on it and are overseas in the military. I think some have had problems with Amazon discerning that the destination computer is not in the US and then denies downloads. Not sure how often this happens but know there have been some complaints posted from US service members. Seems a shame that there isn't some special way for our service folks to easily get Kindles and content when they are deployed.
cush is offline   Reply With Quote