Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
Valhalla
Zealot
Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The Oz/Publisher rip-off continues - Hugh Howey's latest

Was just checking out the latest Hugh Howey book 'Sand'. Self-published in the US - $5.99. Random House publishes it in Australia. At Australian Amazon - $16.89 (I presume AU$). Oz Google Play - $17.99.

Am I the only one who thinks this is outrageous!

Sorry Hugh - you did your overseas readers no favours by taking the Random House deal. I won't be buying this book even though I have all the Wool books and enjoyed them. I refuse to be ripped off.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:03 AM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Cheeky Kiki!!
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo
Valhalla I think the bulk of our ebook and paper book prices stink.

Note however that Kobo currently has a 50% off voucher code (see the Kobo Discounts thread) and the India store is bound to be selling it at a bargain!!

There's more than one way to let them know of one's distaste at the pricing rip off!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
Valhalla
Zealot
Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now at Oz Kobo for the bargain basement price of $27.56!!!!!! Are these guys serious????
Old 03-22-2014, 10:46 PM   #4
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
Now at Oz Kobo for the bargain basement price of $27.56!!!!!! Are these guys serious????
But you get to apply a 50% off discount voucher....bargain!!!!!

Seriously, the RRP is $33.61 on Kobo and $32.02 on Amazon. A&R have each of the 5 stories/books for $3.38 as an ebooks (total $16.90 vs $27.96 for the omnibus).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #5
Lynx-lynx
Cheeky Kiki!!
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo
@valhalla I hope you've following the Kobo Discounts thread .... the Contest is on and there are lots of 65% discounts and less flowing, with a few 75% on the go.

Whilst the Contest is supposed to be played by people in the countries they mention the codes can be used by anyone in any country
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:53 AM   #6
Valhalla
Zealot

I often use kobo discounts. However, I don't think that's the point. Using them doesn't send the message to the publisher. We shouldn't pay these rip-off prices.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:59 AM   #7
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iTouch, Jetbook, PRS 650, Aura HD
Buying the India version might send the publisher a message.
Canuck_in_Japan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:06 AM   #8
Valhalla
Zealot

The Indian price is $au20 - still a rip off.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #9
howyoudoin
Ehhhh, how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad 4
I'm Indian, and I see the price for the Sand omnibus on our Amazon store is US$4.61. It's approximately US$18 on our Kobo store though.

howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:23 PM   #10
49Kat
I'm just a bird, see?
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650 (1st reader); Kobo Vox (retired); iPad2;iPad Mini;iPhone5
I can't even find this book on the kobo website (U.S.). It's $5.99 USD at Amazon.com. I'm hoping the price drops a bit before I have to do the snowbird thing and head back to Canada, but if not, I'll get it at this price.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote