Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-30-2014, 09:48 PM   #91
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
I had to add an entry to allow SSH (over wifi specifically). Seems like that should be the default? I added the following to fw-base.txt:

-A wlan-in -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
there are multiple ways to enable / disable ssh - -

add that rule insert and delete into the corresponding method you use to enable / disable ssh.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #92
Ethereal
Ethereal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
After I have the filter set up to my liking, is there any downside to issuing something like

Quote:
iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables
In order to avoid automatically enabling the firewall upon reboot? I was able to add my SSH rules easily because the extension is nicely modularized, but I would really like to firewall it on boot because by my family members are not going to turn on airplane mode if they happen to reboot, nor do I want them to be messing with the KUAL extensions anyway.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #93
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
After I have the filter set up to my liking, is there any downside to issuing something like

In order to avoid automatically enabling the firewall upon reboot? I was able to add my SSH rules easily because the extension is nicely modularized, but I would really like to firewall it on boot because by my family members are not going to turn on airplane mode if they happen to reboot, nor do I want them to be messing with the KUAL extensions anyway.
We like to avoid modifying files in the Amazon image, but other than the chance that this change will cause problems installing a future update, I don't know of any problems.

Keep a copy of the current (Amazon) saved iptables file, just in case you have to revert to them in the future.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote