Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-01-2014, 11:09 PM   #31
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle 4 (non-touch) & Pocket Pro
I currently have my PW2 on cover view and am enjoying it but I think once the newness of that ability wears off (just bought my PW2) I'll switch back to list view as it takes up a lot less room so less scrolling.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #32
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
I like seeing the covers on my Kindle Touch, because it is easier to find books at a glance -- and the space isn't that much of an issue, as 7/8 books instead of 6 isn't really a tremendous gain and the increased visibility over plain text is worth it.

That's also why I like cover view in calibre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
I'll second what meeera said, with a caveat: sometimes I'd rather not see the cover at all. Some publishers create covers that are so generic that they are nothing more than their imprint logo. With some ereaders and ereading software this is worse than useless and ugly: it makes it impossible to identify the book since only the cover is displayed.

When it comes to physical books though, I'll take colour any day. Greyscale would make the home a tad too drab.
I download the cover in calibre, then that gets sent over with the book. If the book has no cover (perhaps it has the infamous penguin instead) it will be updated on send (unless it's a MOBI, which doesn't support updating covers, but even then the cover view will use the thumbnail which IS updated).

Or you can always generate a default calibre cover, which is at least a little more informative than a stupid penguin.

Sony reader should be easier, as you don't have t worry about two formats, just epubs which can be updated.
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #33
BenG
Wizard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
One feature I liked on the µBook reader for the iPaq was the ability to show the cover for a second or two before opening the book.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #34
Katsunami
Wizard
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by LH07 View Post
Afternoon all I was wondering what peoples preference were when looking at their books/collection. Do you prefer to see your book covers in colour or do you prefer the text /black white view as in ereaders .
I don't really care if the cover is in B/W or color. It depends on the device used. The only thing I want is for the book to have a nice cover, or the book won't feel complete.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote