Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Old 01-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #1
dancal began at the beginning.
Device: PC
Online HTML book -> epub: TOC from single file

I'm trying to convert an online book (which was produced with latex2html years ago) to epub:

I've downloaded the book with 'wget -k' to a single folder (so all links are relative file links, not http:// links). That folder contains multiple HTML files and PNG images. The main file is called "irbook.html" (not index.html) and contains the table of contents

I've added the irbook.html file as a book, and it pulled all the files in the folder and created a zip ebook inside calibre.

Now I'm looking at the conversion dialog. I'll figure out some UL>LI>UL hierarchies for TOC level 1, 2 etc. But how do I tell calibre that the table of contents is in a single HTML file? I don't want it to look at all HTML files in the book.

dancal is offline   Reply With Quote

conversion, epub, toc, zip