Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #766
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Thanks to everyone for the recent contributions (in particular eschwartz and jogawa, for discussing and clarifying the FW downgrade to 5.4.0) !

... And now, concerning the current CM status, specifically with regard to FW 5.4.2:
- I do have a "somewhat" working version (meaning: at least it doesn't crash immediately)
- that version handles part of the stuff correctly. And the other part is handled strangely, or it just plainly crashes.

So...: CM will most likely support FW 5.4.2. Probably sometime soon, but not right now. Just be patient

PS: @NiLuJe: merci pour les corrections!
Thank YOU for creating it for us! It's entirely because of you that I get to go around sounding knowledgeable!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #767
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Off-Topic: State Of Love And Trust

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:56 PM   #768
jogawa
jogawa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Thank YOU for creating it for us! It's entirely because of you that I get to go around sounding knowledgeable!
Let me second that, thank you ixtab. I sincerely appreciate the time and effort that you and NiLuJe put into making things work the way they should. :-)
jogawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #769
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.6.0

Here we go: Collections Manager version 2.6.0!

This release now supports the new Kindle Paperwhite 2 firmwares 5.4.2 and 5.4.2.1.
It also fixes a bug that I accidentally introduced in CM 2.5.0 ( ), so yes, please update.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PW2 FIRMWARE 5.4.2 (or above):

Collections Manager (CM) can only work reliably with LOCAL (= non-cloud) collections. What exactly that means will need further investigation (and all feedback is very welcome!), but for now, here are my current findings:
  • Collections that have previously been created, and have been turned into "Cloud Collections", may not be accessible from CM. That is on purpose (well, at least for now), because CM cannot handle Cloud Collections.
  • On an unregistered Kindle, all collections functionality should work.
  • On a registered Kindle, your mileage may vary. Please do post your experiences in this thread. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #770
ixtab
(offline)

Requests for help

Help needed!

I would really appreciate it if you could help me with these things:
  • translations: there is a pretty decent set of translations available for CM, but most of them are not complete. If you could help to translate the missing parts, that would be awesome!
  • icons: I would like the "copy" and "move" icons to be more distinguishable (which, btw, has also been requested somewhere before in this thread). Unfortunately, I'm an absolute idiot when it comes to anything related to image editing, so all I can do is ask for help... rorogio already provided the current images - is there anyone who can tweak the "move" icons a bit? I'm attaching the current icons, and two (badly looking) ideas for replacements. I'll happily include your improved versions* - thanks! :-)

(*) If you agree to distribute your work under the terms of the WTFPL.

EDIT: attachments removed, because this post is now obsolete.

Last edited by ixtab; 01-24-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:26 AM   #771
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Russian localization updated.
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:05 AM   #772
hanog
Enthusiast
hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hungarian translation for 2.6.x
Attached Files
File Type: txt CollectionsManager-localization.txt (3.9 KB, 392 views)

Last edited by hanog; 02-01-2014 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Version number
hanog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:02 AM   #773
ixtab
(offline)

спаси́бо, köszönöm!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #774
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Is a jailbreak still required for version 2.6.0 on a PW2 with FW 5.4.2?
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #775
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
Is a jailbreak still required for version 2.6.0 on a PW2 with FW 5.4.2?
Yes, the jailbreak and the other prerequisites mentioned in the first post are always required.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #776
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yes, the jailbreak and the other prerequisites mentioned in the first post are always required.
At least now I don't have to back up to the previous firmware.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #777
jangell2
Addict

Here's my try at the new move icons. Don't know if you'll like it, but it does remove ambiguity.
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2014, 04:24 AM   #778
zodac
zodac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 2
I might be misunderstanding, but the "Import from Calibre" option is faded out. I was hoping to import my Calibre collections (and series number of each book); is that what it's meant to do, or does it just import an already exported set of collections?
zodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:08 AM   #779
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodac View Post
I might be misunderstanding, but the "Import from Calibre" option is faded out. I was hoping to import my Calibre collections (and series number of each book); is that what it's meant to do, or does it just import an already exported set of collections?
If the "import" item is grayed out, that means that there is nothing to import -- i.e., the collections.json (or whatever the file is called, I can't remember at the moment) file is not present. Check the first post to find NiLuJe's calibre addon, install and configure it, and then use it to export your collections from calibre . Once you did that, you'll be able to import them using CM.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #780
jangell2
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
Here's my try at the new move icons. Don't know if you'll like it, but it does remove ambiguity.
It has just occurred to me that since CM is international, you don't want an icon that is English-centric. Sorry 'bout that.

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks