Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
Murgul
Murgul began at the beginning.

Device: none
Looking for my first eReader

Hello everyone, this is my first post

I'm relatively new to reading and I'm looking for an eReader, I'll mostly reading text. I'm looking for an ereader with an light built-in because half of my reading are before I go to sleep.
From all the searches, the best that I found are Kindle Paperwhite 2 and Kobo Aura, they have the best light from what I can see. I want to know what other alternatives I have.
And a second question is about stores, I'm from Romania and I don't really know another store that will ship here beside Amazon, and from Amazon I can only order the PW only from US site. Which stores are located in the European Union that will ship internationally and have good prices?
Almost forgot about budget, it will be around 100 euros, more or less.
Murgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
danicca
Groupie
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I think only tolino shine is about that price. I did quick search via shopmania site and it looks like some retailers do sell paperwhite and aura in Romania, but I don't speak language so you'd need to check.
Alternatively you could try finding used ereader.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
Murgul

Forget about the budget, I can extend it, tell me some good europe retailers if you know.
In Romania the Aura is 190 euros, it's not that well known, and the Paperwhite I can find it at a reasonable price, 140 euro, but I want to know the best price I can get and maybe some alternative to this.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:04 PM   #4
danicca
Groupie
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Yikes. Is that aura or aura hd? You might check if amazon.de will send it to you.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:51 PM   #5
Murgul

Is the 6' Aura.
Amazon.de will not ship to my country, but I found something on amazon.it, with 130 euros.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
Murgul

Best price within EU that delivers to Romania?

I finally decided what to choose between Aura and PW2 and now I want to find the best price that I can get for him.
The only place that delivers to Romania that I found are Amazon and Easons, I'll be glad if you tell me some other shops.
Best price that I found is 150 euros, I found on other places with 130 but no international delivery...
Old 01-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #7
Murgul

I did't saw an Edit button so I will post again.

I found some german sites that will ship internationally with good prices:
http://www.technikdirekt.de/ - I ordered from this, Kobo Aura 136 euros with 15 euros shipping
http://www.comtech.de/ - this one had the best price included shipping, but it didn't have credit card payment for Romania
http://www.conrad.com/ - slightly better price, but it was not available, only pre-order
Old 01-14-2014, 08:33 AM   #8
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5 Paperwhite and a Simple touch Nook
shopping.google.com can find you the best prices on most anything.
nextag.com
mysimon.com
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #9
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: M92
Murgul,
what are you going to read?
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote