Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
marcl
Enthusiast
marcl began at the beginning.

Device: Iriver Story HD (FW 1.13), Kobo Glo (FW 2.8.1), Kindle PW2 (FW 5.40)
Export - different filetypes

I want to export a certain amount of ebooks which have different filetypes basically epub and pdf.

I have epubs that exist aside in azw3 or other formats. This ebooks should be exported as epub. I can do this by select all ebooks in Calibre and choose export in a special format as epub.

But I have also some pdf files which should be exportet as pdf. How can I select these pdf ebooks in Calibre to choose export as pdf format?

Or can I select also all ebooks and just choose in the filetype dialog pdf and only the pdf will exportet without conversion of the epubs?
marcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcl View Post
I want to export a certain amount of ebooks which have different filetypes basically epub and pdf.

I have epubs that exist aside in azw3 or other formats. This ebooks should be exported as epub. I can do this by select all ebooks in Calibre and choose export in a special format as epub.

But I have also some pdf files which should be exportet as pdf. How can I select these pdf ebooks in Calibre to choose export as pdf format?

Or can I select also all ebooks and just choose in the filetype dialog pdf and only the pdf will exportet without conversion of the epubs?
If you configure the device (or CONNECT to folder) you can add/remove ticks for supported (only those desired) formats, the order sets the preference. Books are only converted if the existing format is not one of those ticked
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:30 AM   #3
marcl
Enthusiast
marcl began at the beginning.

Device: Iriver Story HD (FW 1.13), Kobo Glo (FW 2.8.1), Kindle PW2 (FW 5.40)
Thank you! Didn't know that I can do connect to folder..
marcl is offline   Reply With Quote