Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #1
Nepostoyanov
Nepostoyanov began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My KPW's (1st gen) foible.

Hello everyone. The issue can be described as follows: Having "travelled" to a dictionary using "show the full definition" option, I can't look up a definiton of any word within the dictionary without having to switch pages or click on a menu tab. The highlight will appear though, but fade away without any pop up, i.e. Dicitonary, Wikipedia, Search, etc.
The software version is 5.3.9.
Looking forward to your responses and suggestions.

Cheers.
Nepostoyanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (first gen), Kobo Aura HD
The 1st gen Paperwhite doesn't have Wikipedia. Anyway, have you tried restarting your Kindle? Did you jailbreak it?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
Nepostoyanov
Nepostoyanov began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Yes, restart was the first thing I tried. To no avail.
The device has been jailbroken, but it wan't worth it, so back to the official software.
Nepostoyanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
Atunah
Fanatic
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K3, Basic K, PW1, Fire1, FireHD8.9, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
The 1st gen Paperwhite doesn't have Wikipedia. Anyway, have you tried restarting your Kindle? Did you jailbreak it?
My PW1 has wikipedia. I use it all the time to look stuff up while I read. I addition to using the dictionary.

Can't help with the issue here though as I don't jailbreak my kindles.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:40 AM   #5
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (first gen), Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
My PW1 has wikipedia. I use it all the time to look stuff up while I read. I addition to using the dictionary.
How do you guys have Wikipedia? I don't have it on my KPW1.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:25 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
From memory, it's one of the "Search" options. Do a search, click the drop-down arrow alongside the search box, and Wikipedia is one of the options.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
Atunah
Fanatic
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K3, Basic K, PW1, Fire1, FireHD8.9, Nexus 7.2
I highlight a word with pressing down in a book and then I click more.
There I get a list of options. Share, Add Note, Dictionary, Search, Wikipedia, Translation, Report content error.

If I highlight a quote, sentence, like more than one word, I get Search, Wikipedia, Translation, Report content error.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote