Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #316
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
nynaevelan's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,353
Karma: 1459924
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Device: Kindle Fire HD 2012, Kindle PW2, Galaxy Tab 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Your problems with the Amazon Collection software are properly directed to Amazon as a feedback, not to me. I am NOT Amazon.

So far as I am concerned, the Amazon Collection software meets my particular needs and that is really all I have to worry about.

I enjoyed all the features of the 5.4.2 update and look forward to the next update.

It is possible that the average Amazon customer is more like me than the dedicated Calibre users and that is why Amazon has not focused on Calibre needs. I have never used Calibre or Apprentice Alf. Aren't there specialized forums here and at other locations for users of those software packages which can better answer questions and solve problems than readers and posters here?

In the same manner I stopped ripping MP3 songs for the last 5 years and simply buy all my MP3 songs from Amazon. There may be a few folks who still strip MP3 songs from CD's but their numbers are shrinking.

The same with movies. Some folks strip them from DVD's consuming lots of time doing so. I just stream them from Netflix and get a few movies on Netflix DVD's and then return them.

Some folks like me just like to read eBooks, listen to music and watch movies and simply never use specialized software to break copy protection and engage in activities not sanctioned by Amazon or Netflix.
Why do you insist in joining in the middle of a conversation with information that is irrelevant to what is being discussed. The situation has absolutely nothing to do with Calibre or Apprentice Alf. It has to do with the problems with the pw and the 5.4.2 update. Calibre and AA just happen to be tools to help users work around the issues the feature and the device lacks. Did you not see the issues which I am having with AMAZON purchased books. From this point on, I am just going to ignore your comments because they are not relevant to me and the issues which I am having, and since you have yet to offer any useful information to help me resolve my issues, there is no point in responding to you. Seriously dude, go read a book...
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #317
Stingo
Evangelist
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Stingo's Avatar
 
Posts: 450
Karma: 1009553
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Miami
Device: KPW, KT, K3, KDXG, KDX, prs505(silver) and prs500(my first e-reader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
So far as I am concerned, the Amazon Collection software meets my particular needs and that is really all I have to worry about.

I enjoyed all the features of the 5.4.2 update and look forward to the next update.

It is possible that the average Amazon customer is more like me than the dedicated Calibre users and that is why Amazon has not focused on Calibre needs. I have never used Calibre or Apprentice Alf. Aren't there specialized forums here and at other locations for users of those software packages which can better answer questions and solve problems than readers and posters here?
Simaru, it may be that you are a fairly inexperienced user with slight use of the device and therefore don't understand the issues raised in this thread. If not your use may be different from others and you have not experienced the problems yourself.

The complaints are not about features unique to users of Calibre or Alf. The complaints are inherent to the workings of the firmware upgrade which would be experienced by a Kindle user with more than one device and with numerous online purchases from Amazon. If you have multiple devices on one account the new firmware will force the same collections on all of the devices even if you use one of the devices and your wife the other. Also, if you remove items from your device their ghostly name will clutter your collection list making it harder to find what you are looking for. Although there are aditional issues for persons who side load books, these issues have nothing specifically to do with Calibre or Alf since un-DRM'd books can be side loaded without either.

I am pleased for you that you enjoyed all the features of the 5.4.2 update and look forward to the next update. However, it costs you nothing to hope that the concerns of others who clearly are displeased with these unwarranted inconveniences are also addressed in an upgrade. I myself am a long time Kindle user and cannot upgrade to the new firmware because of its impact on my collections.

This is a pretty savvy group so you may want to withhold judgment until you full hear out the issue in the future.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #318
Geralt
Fanatic
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Geralt's Avatar
 
Posts: 578
Karma: 4957745
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Swamp. Slaying Drowners.
Device: Kindle Keyboard, Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Your problems with the Amazon Collection software are properly directed to Amazon as a feedback, not to me. I am NOT Amazon.

So far as I am concerned, the Amazon Collection software meets my particular needs and that is really all I have to worry about.

I enjoyed all the features of the 5.4.2 update and look forward to the next update.

It is possible that the average Amazon customer is more like me than the dedicated Calibre users and that is why Amazon has not focused on Calibre needs. I have never used Calibre or Apprentice Alf. .......etc....etc...etc
This is a forum. A lot of people come here. It is not about you or yourself. Tone it down a bit. Nobody can bloody relate to you like this and you just piss people off.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #319
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
sirmaru's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,374
Karma: 6556294
Join Date: Nov 2007
Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Some of us LIKE Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
This is a forum. A lot of people come here. It is not about you or yourself. Tone it down a bit. Nobody can bloody relate to you like this and you just piss people off.
I understand that lots of folks come here to post all the flaws in the Amazon Kindles.

Sorry about it, but some of us like Amazon Kindles and also like to post their LIKES here.

Complainers should have their say here but SUPPORTERS of Amazon should also have their say here.

I happen to like my Paperwhite 2013 and my HDX 2013 and have found NO major flaws in those units. If that pisses anyone off, so be it. If I did find a flaw, I would have been the first to post it.

I have found that the most complaints come from Calibre and Apprentice Alf users. They seem to want Amazon to cater to their needs when the vast majority of READERS of eBooks have never even heard of those software applications. They like to read eBooks purchased from other suppliers than Amazon and like to side load, strip DRM and use Calibre for all eBook functions.

That is just fine for THEM but others of us conventional eBook readers also have opinions.

Remember, there is an "IGNORE" function here. Any of us can simply IGNORE posts they don't want to read. USE IT if you don't like my posts. I don't use it because I like to read posts of others even if I disagree with them.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-05-2013 at 04:56 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #320
Geralt
Fanatic
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Geralt's Avatar
 
Posts: 578
Karma: 4957745
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Swamp. Slaying Drowners.
Device: Kindle Keyboard, Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I understand that lots of folks come here to post all the flaws in the Amazon Kindles.

Sorry about it, but some of us like Amazon Kindles and also like to post their LIKES here.

Complainers should have their say here but SUPPORTERS of Amazon should also have their say here.
That is all well and true in theory. However, the fact is that majority of people posting are "complainers" as you call them. They are trying to help each other with the problems they have and frustrations and all you are doing is being an enormous amazon fanboy which constantly reiterates same stuff all over again and again and again how you love Amazon so much, which is why you aren't helping anybody. Nor yourself, for that matter.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #321
Geralt
Fanatic
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Geralt's Avatar
 
Posts: 578
Karma: 4957745
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Swamp. Slaying Drowners.
Device: Kindle Keyboard, Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet, Kindle PW2
Oh wait, how many times did people say that this has nothing to do with Alf or Calibre. You are Give it a rest dude.
Seriously, I know Mobileread has a policy of not allowing anybody to be called a troll, but honestly, if you're not that, the other option is much worse

Dude, believe me when I say...you are not a conventional ereader. Not by a mile

Last edited by Geralt; 12-05-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #322
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
sirmaru's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,374
Karma: 6556294
Join Date: Nov 2007
Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I have helped others here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
That is all well and true in theory. However, the fact is that majority of people posting are "complainers" as you call them. They are trying to help each other with the problems they have and frustrations and all you are doing is being an enormous amazon fanboy which constantly reiterates same stuff all over again and again and again how you love Amazon so much, which is why you aren't helping anybody. Nor yourself, for that matter.
I have helped many others here if they did not understand specific functions or uses of the PW 2013 and HDX 2013.

If questions come in specific to those devices where I know the answers, I post them.

PLEASE use the IGNORE button if any of my comments annoy you. That is its purpose so we can all enjoy reading and posting here.

I don't use the Ignore button myself, but do just ignore useless comments and don't respond to them.

It is also very possible that I cannot perceive lots of flaws posted here. I tend to WORK AROUND problems, if possible, and don't complain about them. Some would call doing that being a "fanboy." I call it being PRACTICAL.

Finally, EVERYONE who reads and posts a lot to this forum is a FAN of this forum. They are certainly NOT reading eBooks when they post here, not working on a job and not studying for exams.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-05-2013 at 05:15 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #323
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
nynaevelan's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,353
Karma: 1459924
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Device: Kindle Fire HD 2012, Kindle PW2, Galaxy Tab 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I have helped many others here if they did not understand specific functions or uses of the PW 2013 and HDX 2013.

If questions come in specific to those devices where I know the answers, I post them.

PLEASE use the IGNORE button if any of my comments annoy you. That is its purpose so we can all enjoy reading and posting here.

I don't use the Ignore button myself, but do just ignore useless comments and don't respond to them.

It is also very possible that I cannot perceive lots of flaws posted here. I tend to WORK AROUND problems, if possible, and don't complain about them. Some would call doing that being a "fanboy." I call it being PRACTICAL.

Finally, EVERYONE who reads and posts a lot to this forum is a FAN of this forum. They are certainly NOT reading eBooks when they post here, not working on a job and not studying for exams.

Really, so you have never heard of multitasking? I happen to have a paycheck that states I put in my 40 hours a week. I also have a wonderful Calibre database (you know that program that you have never used), those shows I've read 246 books in 2013 alone. So tell me how others who are on here complaining are not readers or employed. Yet you who are retired have read how many books this year, let alone in your entire life?????

What does one have to do with the other, you cannot be a reader, employee and forum poster??

And as I sit here typing this, I also have my paperwhite propped up so I can read while computing.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #324
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
sirmaru's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,374
Karma: 6556294
Join Date: Nov 2007
Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Really, so you have never heard of multitasking? I happen to have a paycheck that states I put in my 40 hours a week. I also have a wonderful Calibre database (you know that program that you have never used), those shows I've read 246 books in 2013 alone. So tell me how others who are on here complaining are not readers or employed. Yet you who are retired have read how many books this year, let alone in your entire life?????

What does one have to do with the other, you cannot be a reader, employee and forum poster??

And as I sit here typing this, I also have my paperwhite propped up so I can read while computing.
Congratulations, you are far more adept than me. I admire your multitasking ability. When I do read eBooks, I can only play music in the background. If my wife talks to me, the screen blanker goes on and the eBook gets lost.

When I read and post here, I listen to FOX News in the background. That's my limit.

By the way, the eBooks I read are all from 600 to 1,000 pages each and only cover history or biography with lots of footnotes. I never read fiction.

If you really like to read lots of fiction eBooks, see this site:

http://www.wattpad.com/

The Kindle app is here:

http://www.amazon.com/Wattpad-Unlimi...ywords=wattpad

If they had history eBooks there, I would have snapped it up. You can read chapters of new fiction eBooks there as they are being written by their authors. They are all FREE.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #325
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
nynaevelan's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,353
Karma: 1459924
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Device: Kindle Fire HD 2012, Kindle PW2, Galaxy Tab 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Congratulations, you are far more adept than me. I admire your multitasking ability. When I do read eBooks, I can only play music in the background. If my wife talks to me, the screen blanker goes on and the eBook gets lost.

When I read and post here, I listen to FOX News in the background. That's my limit.

By the way, the eBooks I read are all from 600 to 1,000 pages each and only cover history or biography with lots of footnotes. I never read fiction.

If you really like to read lots of fiction eBooks, see this site:

http://www.wattpad.com/


The Kindle app is here:

http://www.amazon.com/Wattpad-Unlimi...ywords=wattpad

If they had history eBooks there, I would have snapped it up. You can read chapters of new fiction eBooks there as they are being written by their authors. They are all FREE.
The books I read range from 100 pages up to 1100, and with the extensive library that I have and read I do not need to go trolling to find any more. I am barely keeping up with my to be read list as it is. But thanks.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #326
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
nynaevelan's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,353
Karma: 1459924
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Device: Kindle Fire HD 2012, Kindle PW2, Galaxy Tab 10.1
Oh and by the way since we are praising products that we love, I LOVE Calibre, it is the perfect companion to my paperwhite because it makes my reading experience much more productive and enjoyable.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #327
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
sirmaru's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,374
Karma: 6556294
Join Date: Nov 2007
Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Calibre Companion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Oh and by the way since we are praising products that we love, I LOVE Calibre, it is the perfect companion to my paperwhite because it makes my reading experience much more productive and enjoyable.
Here is the Amazon App for Calibre Companion:

http://www.amazon.com/MultiPie-Ltd-C...ywords=calibre

Do you use it? What can it do for me if I buy and install it in the context that I only read 2 eBooks on History / Biography at a time and only own 35 Amazon eBooks?
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #328
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
nynaevelan's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,353
Karma: 1459924
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Device: Kindle Fire HD 2012, Kindle PW2, Galaxy Tab 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Here is the Amazon App for Calibre Companion:

http://www.amazon.com/MultiPie-Ltd-C...ywords=calibre

Do you use it? What can it do for me if I buy and install it in the context that I only read 2 eBooks on History / Biography at a time and only own 35 Amazon eBooks?
I have it but I really do not use it, it is very rare that I need to connect remotely. I usually just connect my paperwhite by usb and add the books directly on the pc. On the Fire I just download what I am in the mood for from my dropbox. I only keep about 15 books on my Fire, usually just the current book I am reading and the current audiobook/ebook immersive reading sets.

But as to the database, I have customized it so much with the plugins, plugboards and custom columns I can pretty much find anything I am looking for easily. Prior to using Calibre I used All My Books and Microsoft Access before that. My original database started in 1995 and I have been updating and converting it ever since. I like to keep stats on when I purchased books, when I read them and all my other various notes. And of course it keeps track of what I've purchased because I have been known to buy the same book numerous times. With the use of my db and Amazons little yellow bar telling me I already purchased it, this has been minimized to a large degree.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:46 AM   #329
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Josieb1's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,480
Karma: 2554076
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK
Device: KPW2, KPW1, Kobo Aura, Nook Glow, Ipad Air, Ipad Mini 2, IPhone 5
Calibre is amazing. Without it I have no idea how I'd manage. With my books, hubby's and my fan fiction we have nearly 5000 ebooks, only around 800 are on the Amazon server, which are hubby's (as his are DRM'd) and the few I send to the cloud.

He's the one who buys his books exclusively from Amazon, that's why if the PW1 gets Cloud Collections I basically have to give up buying books from Amazon/sending mine to the server and delete all my collections.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #330
booklover6
Wizard
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
booklover6's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,475
Karma: 2998515
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PA (USA)
Device: Kobo (Aura, HD, Glo, Mini), KPW1, Nexus 7.2, KFHD'12(n2a), Nook HD
My final note about the PW2 and the disastrous update - Amazon is taking it back and giving me a full refund. The update made the PW2 completely unusable FOR ME. I am astonished, absolutely astonished, that they would rather give me a refund on a 3 month old device, than roll mine back to the original firmware.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Goodreads Integration Going Live?? nynaevelan Amazon Kindle 11 10-31-2013 02:18 PM
Content Anyone know if Goodreads integration is going to work with sideloaded content? apastuszak Amazon Kindle 1 09-19-2013 09:42 PM
Kobo to get Pocket integration! Raduz Kobo Reader 24 09-03-2013 12:40 PM
ereader dictionary integration raxdax Which one should I buy? 3 02-08-2013 09:14 AM
Camera integration with apps? cheyennedonna enTourage Archive 3 07-13-2010 06:40 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.