Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
swamp thing
Enthusiast
swamp thing began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
KT - Keyword search

In the search feature it says you can search by "title, author or keyword".

I have converted a lot of HTMLs into ePubs and side-loaded them into my KT.

How can I add keywords that will be picked up by the search feature? I don't mind having to modify the sqlite database if that's what it takes, but something simpler would be nice of course.

Thanks!
swamp thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp thing View Post
How can I add keywords that will be picked up by the search feature? I don't mind having to modify the sqlite database if that's what it takes, but something simpler would be nice of course.
I think the only places it searches are the title, subtitle, author, and series.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I think that even Kobo's database is making use of the ebook format's "Metadata", Calibre has a Metadata editor and others are probably available online.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
swamp thing
Enthusiast
swamp thing began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks for the ideas. I'll try calibre (which i haven't downloaded yet) and adding something to the 'series' field.
swamp thing is offline   Reply With Quote