Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 11-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
tsolignani
Zealot
tsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: iPad
notes, highlights, bookmarks syncing: how will it work?

I read Marvin syncs just the location between devices and the great developer is working on syncing notes, highlights and bookmarks.

What I would like to know is how that syncing will work.

I mean, with iBooks by biggest annoyance was that if I edited an epub (even the slightest edit) the book was not recognized anymore as the same one and everything (highlight, bookmars, ecc.) was gone forever.

I guess iBooks generates a sort of ID based on the epub files properties.

What will Marvin use? A permanent ID or what?

Thank you.

--

cordialmente,

tiziano solignani, da  Mac

[Promotion deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-07-2014 at 10:55 AM.
tsolignani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Marvin will attempt to sync highlights even if the book changes. If the the book changes, there's a risk that highlights would be restored to the wrong place. Bookmarks and notes shouldn't be a problem.

Reliable syncing is difficult especially since I don't 'own' the underlying cloud sync service (unlike, say, iBooks) so it will take a while. Right now, I'm focusing on improving location sync (making it more accurate).
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
tsolignani
Zealot
tsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: iPad
Thank you, as for the storage I would much rather prefer dropbox over iCloud, anyway.
tsolignani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@tsolignani You're welcome.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone 5
BUMP! Any news on this? It's the one thing keeping me from getting off the Kindle and iOS apps.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #6
kguil
Addict

@astrodad - I'm sorry but I don't have a timeline on this yet. I consider this to be a very important improvement (along with many other ones I'm working on right now) so it will definitely happen.