Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 11-08-2013, 05:28 AM   #4351
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 4 Kindles, 2 Kindle Fires, 2 SGPs, Nexus 7 and Fire Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Just an update with my credit card woes. I contacted my bank and according to them they have an automated system in place that flags more than 5 transactions from the same store as possible fraudulent transactions, which causes any further attempts to give the ""Oops! Something went wrong. Please review your payment information and try again." message.

For some strange reason it seems Kobo in this case also rounded the amounts and then did separate transactions for the cents. As an example: Say I purchased items for 2.40 & 3.60. Transactions went through as 2.00 & 3.00 and then later ANOTHER transaction for 1.00. These 1.00 transactions raised further flags and cut into the number of allowed purchases.

Kobo REALLY needs to bring back the eGift cards as soon as possible.
Wow World Pay sucks hands down. I lost my card of 3 years because of them. I will never use another Credit Card at Kobo unless it's through PayPal or a gift card.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #4352
booklover6
Wizard
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire HD 6, Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by spersephone View Post
Every single discount code I've tried lately has said "unable to apply promo code". Some I've probably already used, but some I'm sure should be working. It's annoying.
I see what you mean. I was happily buying away and then ran into the same thing. How irritating! I wanted that book for half price!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #4353
dollieP09
dollieP09 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is anyone else having the problem of the promo code box disappearing? My page loads with the promo code box, but then it automatically reloads the page, but the area is gone.It only allows me to enter my billing address, gift card information, and credit card/paypal information, but there's no option to apply promo codes.
dollieP09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #4354
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollieP09 View Post
Is anyone else having the problem of the promo code box disappearing? My page loads with the promo code box, but then it automatically reloads the page, but the area is gone.It only allows me to enter my billing address, gift card information, and credit card/paypal information, but there's no option to apply promo codes.
Once you entered that information you should get the option to click 'Continue'. The promo box should show up after that. You won't be charged until you then click the 'buy now' button.

Last edited by Crusader; 11-08-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #4355
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
Kind of lackluster after recent codes, but I just got this in my email...

NOVEMBER30 - 30% off unlimited use through November 11th.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #4356
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Seems a shopping cart is imminent (unless they use Blizzard's definition of the word).

After my CC issues and contacting Kobo help complaining, I received this reply:
Quote:
We are happy to announce that since yesterday we launched our new purchase path also in South Africa. So you can now purchase multiple ebooks at one time.
At this moment we don't offer gift card in South Africa. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Went to check their site since it wasn't there this morning. Not surprisingly I couldn't find it. Resorted to their chat help and got told:
Quote:
We are still working on the website to better please our customers and that is why you are not able to locate the shopping cart as yet. We hope to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
So it's not currently available but will still be added?
N T: Yes the shopping cart will be added to the website as soon as possible.
Hopefully 'as soon as possible' really does mean soon.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #4357
library addict
Wizard
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini, Nexus 7 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Seems a shopping cart is imminent (unless they use Blizzard's definition of the word).

After my CC issues and contacting Kobo help complaining, I received this reply:

Went to check their site since it wasn't there this morning. Not surprisingly I couldn't find it. Resorted to their chat help and got told:

Hopefully 'as soon as possible' really does mean soon.
A cart would be great so long as the coupon code(s) still work.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #4358
zelda.owns.link
Groupie
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
I just used BookRiot50 twice with no problem.
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #4359
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Or if they are broken, they are broken in our favour
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #4360
selina4books
Groupie
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
I can't get ANY code to work now that I've got the crappy new checkout. It shows the promo code box and the book is from a publisher that takes codes (Poisoned Pen Press) but all I get is "Unable to apply code", even the new NOVEMBER30 one. Very frustrating.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #4361
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
I can't get ANY code to work now that I've got the crappy new checkout. It shows the promo code box and the book is from a publisher that takes codes (Poisoned Pen Press) but all I get is "Unable to apply code", even the new NOVEMBER30 one. Very frustrating.
Try hitting twice and look and see if the amounts changes. I have had that happen but it did work even though it said it didn't the amount changed after I got the error.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #4362
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Keep in mind a coupon would probably apply to the total cart not per book.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #4363
library addict
Wizard
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini, Nexus 7 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If only But Sony has a cart as does ARe and individual coupons only apply to one book in the cart. So when I get my 10-for-1 code from ARe I always only put the book I want in the cart and checkout. And the same with Sony if the books aren't priced the same as the coupon goes for the least expensive item in the cart.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #4364
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume goes to infinity... and beyond!Nightyume goes to infinity... and beyond!Nightyume goes to infinity... and beyond!Nightyume goes to infinity... and beyond!Nightyume goes to infinity... and beyond!Nightyume goes to infinity... and beyond!Nightyume goes to infinity... and beyond!Nightyume goes to infinity... and beyond!Nightyume goes to infinity... and beyond!Nightyume goes to infinity... and beyond!Nightyume goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
They could just have a promo code box beside each book so you can choose which book gets it or use multiple ones if you have more than one. I suggested as much in a customer service satisfaction survey.

They could even have a master promo code box which applies to all books if you have a multiuse code. I didn't suggest this and think they shouldn't use it as you'd have many people trying normal codes in it and getting angry that they're not working.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #4365
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightyume View Post
They could just have a promo code box beside each book so you can choose which book gets it or use multiple ones if you have more than one. I suggested as much in a customer service satisfaction survey.

They could even have a master promo code box which applies to all books if you have a multiuse code. I didn't suggest this and think they shouldn't use it as you'd have many people trying normal codes in it and getting angry that they're not working.
I suggested something similar a long time ago. Basically add the book to your cart, if it's coupon eligible then it would have a box to put the code it, next you would have the option to continue shopping, add another book, coupon etc and when you were finished, check out. Couldn't be simpler, guess that is why they don't do it.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals