Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-06-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
Cinder
Cinder began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I'm new. Hi!

Hi all! Call me Cinder. I'm a new ereader, having impulse-purchased a Kobo Aura HD at JB Hi Fi recently. I've already bought far too many books for it, and I don't foresee myself stopping any time soon. Oh dear. I love reading, knitting and video games (particularly World of Warcraft). When I'm not doing any of those, I can be found working, studying (mechanical engineering), or at Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (I'm a white belt).

I'm a big hardcover fan, and despite having just bought my Kobo ereader, I have two hardcovers on their way to me right now: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and Command And Control by Eric Schlosser. I don't know what I'm going to do with all of my books now that I have an ereader as well - I don't want to stop collecting beautiful hardcovers, and I don't know how I'll end up feeling about my paperbacks; they're definitely not as pretty as a hardcover, and I can already see an ebook being more useful... Hmm! Now I'm going to have to decide which books, if any, to re-gift.

On a lighter note, let me tell you what I like to read! I'm currently in the middle of a re-read of Harry Potter by JK Rowling (I'm up to book 5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix), and I'm reading both the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth (book 2: Insurgent) and The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (book 4: City of Fallen Angels) for the first time. I love young adult, fantasy, paranormal, historical fiction, contemporary fiction, romance, sci-fi, non fiction (especially about politics and warfare)... I'll read almost anything. In about a week, I'm going to a signing with George RR Martin, author of my favourite series, A Song Of Ice And Fire. It's going to be amazing!

I'm looking forward to spending time here.
Cinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:19 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Cinder and welcome to MobileRead.

Be sure and check out our Reading Recommendations section where all our eBook addicts, er, I mean ,enthusiasts discuss books they are reading or are about to read
MickeyC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Welcome to MobileRead, Cinder. If your ebook buying gets out of hand, make sure to visit the Ebook Buying Addicts thread. There you will be among like-minded people who can help with that addiction.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hello
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
xxxxxx
xxxxxx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hello
xxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #6
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hello. Welcome to Mobileread. I'm sure you'll should have fun here.
Russell Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote