Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #31
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Fixed layout, screenshot:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_10_27T23_20_05+0200.png
Views:	73
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	114086  
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #32
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
It's possible to make K5-specific launcher out of custom dialog system. Think about it, if you'll have free time. HTML page can contain list (or icons) of actions. And it's possible to execute external application (via nativeBridge.dbgCmd or nativeBridge.dbgCmdExec via known ways) on selecting action. Also, custom dialog (as a Pillow app) can access LIPC publishers and subscribe to LIPC events using JavaScript only without executing lipc-* external tools.

Last edited by eureka; 10-27-2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: dbgCmd is pretty useless
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #33
Aeris
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's exactly what I wanted to do from the beginning I was just searching for the commands you gave me right now! I'll try to figure out how to get most out of them... also managing to manipulate text from text field would be great!

Last edited by Aeris; 10-27-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #34
Aeris

It seems that nativeBridge.dbgCmd doesn't work anymore with new firmwares

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171543

It's the command through which Yifan Lu jailbroke the K5

Last edited by Aeris; 10-27-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #35
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
It seems that nativeBridge.dbgCmd doesn't work anymore with new firmwares

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171543

It's the command through which Yifan Lu jailbroke the K5
Yep, I was wrong, sorry (and, BTW, dbgCmdExec is an internal function, not exported through nativeBridge variable). Though, dbgCmd does work, but it only executes commands listed in /usr/share/webkit-1.0/pillow/debug_cmds.json (with optional command line arguments).

Anyway, this
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.system sendEvent "; sh -c 'touch /tmp/hello'"
still works on KT 5.3.2.1.

Lua script exporting writable LIPC property for setting commands to execute would be a solution too.

Last edited by eureka; 10-27-2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: dbgCmd works, but it pretty useless
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #36
Aeris

Oh, that's brilliant!!!! Works great! Working samples:

Code:
nativeBridge.setLipcProperty( "com.lab126.system", "sendEvent", "; sh -c 'eips hallo'")

Code:
nativeBridge.setLipcProperty( "com.lab126.system", "sendEvent", "; sh -c 'lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.appmgrd start app://com.lab126.browser'")
Too too too happy!!

Now I can do nearly everything with customDialog!!

I've just started working to the most beautiful app launcher I can!

Last edited by Aeris; 10-27-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:15 AM   #37
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
While I was working on Komic, I thought about creating a small WAF to expose everything possible using lipc & co.
As WAF can be styled using HTML & CSS, this provides a nice way of interacting with shell scripting.
I'll sit here and watch as I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll contribute asap!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #38
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Only downside to that would be the Waf/Mesquite would require registration prior to use...

unless it registered itself "on the fly" on the way in, and deleted that registration "on-the-fly" on the way out....
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:13 AM   #39
tommytomtom
Enthusiast
tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
Working samples:

Code:
nativeBridge.setLipcProperty( "com.lab126.system", "sendEvent", "; sh -c 'eips hallo'")

Code:
nativeBridge.setLipcProperty( "com.lab126.system", "sendEvent", "; sh -c 'lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.appmgrd start app://com.lab126.browser'")
How does one use these??? Do they only work from Waf/Mesquite or could they also be used from an arbitrary website or local website (file://mnt/us/test.html)? Or can one use them in the search bar? I am trying to undemo my paperwhite 5.2.0... I would need the following command
Code:
nativeBridge.setLipcProperty( "com.lab126.system", "sendEvent", "; sh -c 'mv /mnt/us/documents/update.txt /mnt/us/update.bin'")
but if that would work it would be quite a security threat. Thanks in advance
tommytomtom is offline   Reply With Quote