Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin58 View Post
Yes it does. Simply look at my contact sheet. Every single jpg is named cover.jpg.

Use CTR-F to search for your for your paramaters. Set .jpg as the extension. Select your ebook directory. Limit the dates if you so desire. When it finishes you'll see it has found x hundreds (thousands) with the name cover.jpg. Select show in thumbnails. When it shows the thumbnails, select them all CTRL A, and then File > Create Contact Sheet. Set your parameters there for how you want it to show (page size, rows/columns) and then save the output as a jpg. Like I said it takes seconds even scanning my directory of 15000+ books.
If you were minded you could have IrfanView bulk copy & rename all those cover.jpgs using the parent directory names to another directory and create your Contact Sheet there - come to think of it you can probably do it within the context of creating the Contact Sheet.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #17
felinus
felinus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Thanks robin58, I stand utterly humbled. Fantastic, been trying to do this for ages and failing miserably. Just followed your method and did the whole catalogue in a few minutes.
Many thanks indeed.
All the best to you
felinus is offline   Reply With Quote