Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #16
llcj
Groupie
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I have used Kobo devices for almost two years now and have had to do only one factory reset. This was probably because I did not eject the device safely before disconnecting from my pc. I bought my first Kobo device with some trepidation because of things I read on sites like this one, however, the people I knew who actually had Kobo readers (two sisters-in-law, a couple of friends) were satisfied with there devices and had no problem with them.

I feel that the bug issues on Kobo devices are overstated while similar issues on Kindle and Sony devices are understated.

I tend to sync fairly regularly as I use preview list as a sort of wish list. I haven't encountered any problems so far.

Last edited by llcj; 10-07-2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling
llcj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:10 AM   #17
angel999
angel999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura HD
Hi,
I've bought Kobo glo finally at a good price, 5300yens.. (on yahoo auction, brand new one)
The Kobo Aura is now listed on Japanese rakuten website:
http://kobo.rakuten.co.jp/ereaders/k...r_aura20131017

No regrets, I've paid so low for the Kobo Glo.... I like reading on it, my eyes and brain say thank you. (before i was reading on my computer or my galaxy tab....)

Thank you for the comments
angel999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #18
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iTouch, Jetbook, PRS 650, Aura HD
Oh lord, there goes 13,000 yen. I think they're making a mistake not matching the Kindle Paperwhite 2s price. Anyways I'm glad I waited. A $130 Aura from Japan is much cheaper than the $180 I would have had to pay from Canada with shipping.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote