Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Lightbulb xdg-utils should be listed as a debian build-dep? N.B THIS IS NOT A "CALIBRE" BUG :)

Quote:
Setting up desktop integration...
/bin/sh: 1: xdg-icon-resource: not found

____________________ WARNING ____________________
Setting up desktop integration failed with error:
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 511, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
CalledProcessError: Command 'xdg-icon-resource install --noupdate --context mimetypes --size 128 calibre-lrf.png application-lrf' returned non-zero exit status 127

____________________ WARNING ____________________
Cannot install calibre environment module to: /mnt/us/extensions/calibre/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages

Last edited by twobob; 10-15-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: N.B THIS IS NOT A "CALIBRE" BUG,
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I'm ignorant in regards to Linux.

It looks like you are installing 0.8.51? Repository versions of calibre are not supported. The only version of calibre supported in Linux is the one installed from the download page. Are you saying you followed the Binary install instructions for calibre found here and this error was the result?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-15-2013 at 09:50 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
nah. its fine. I wasn't hoping for support, nor is the error fatal AFAIK.

and this is built from source for armel. And technically I suppose I should put "This isn't a bug report" in big letters. and push it upstream to debian or someone.

I found the cause of the 2nd error message anywho
http://portland.freedesktop.org/xdg-...-icon-resource
"xdg-icon-resource: No writable system icon directory found."

Final result:

Quote:
calibre successfully installed. You can start it by running the command calibre

There were 2 warning(s):

* Setting up desktop integration failed with error:

* Cannot install calibre environment module to: /mnt/us/extensions/calibre/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages
I can live with that. I'll push it upstream.

Guess I was just checking this was a debian error. which is clearly is

Thanks for your time.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Thanks for sharing the information.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:16 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I cannot speak for debian, but xdg-utils is listed, twice, on the calibre download linux page: http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote