Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
HOLY CROW - FREEBOOKSY!

So my book was featured on Freebooksy this morning and, I was at like 5072 or something in the free kindle store...where I am usually... well I just looked and now:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #628 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
#2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Science Fiction > Military

This is the first time I have done ANYTHING that has actual produced a clear and dramatic result.

I LOVE FREEBOOKSY! :P

(not, I got the ad with them for free via a past promotion, I don't know how much it actually costs...)
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Congratulations VydorScope.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
you know I never clicked on website ads? most people can't resist, though
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
you know I never clicked on website ads? most people can't resist, though

Somebody must, a bunch of somebodies today.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Congrats and may the good fortune continue! I just downloaded the first volume on Smashwords minutes ago. I've no idea when I'll get to reading it, but if I like it when I do, will it be better for you if I pick up the rest through Smashwords or Amazon?
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan diVega View Post
Congrats and may the good fortune continue! I just downloaded the first volume on Smashwords minutes ago. I've no idea when I'll get to reading it, but if I like it when I do, will it be better for you if I pick up the rest through Smashwords or Amazon?
Thanks!

Well, Amazon is the 6 million pound gorilla so the more sales there, the more exposure thought "also boughts" and other things they do. So while the royalty is almost the same, Amazon is slight better from that respect. Beyond that... either is fine.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #7
VydorScope
Wizard

Still climbing! #447 over all, and #2 in my category.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:40 AM   #8
Anna Drake
Connoisseur
Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, kindle. epub apps for PC
Congrats! That is impressive!
Anna Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:58 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Lots of people will download "free stuff", but that doesn't necessarily translate to increased SALES, and sales (rather than giveaways) are what matters. Please let us know what (if any) impact this has on your paid-for books over the next few weeks.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #10
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Lots of people will download "free stuff", but that doesn't necessarily translate to increased SALES, and sales (rather than giveaways) are what matters. Please let us know what (if any) impact this has on your paid-for books over the next few weeks.
With no promotion I usually have a 6% conversion rate from book 1 (which is permafree) and sales of book 2. I have 90% or thereabouts between book 2 and 3, and that pretty much holds for the series. It will be interesting to see if that holds with these downloads.

Book is at 448 this morning - still #2 in Scifi-military, moved up to #35 in Fantasy, #16 for Scifi, and moved up to #9 in Action and Adventure.

I would say though if you are looking to do a free book promo to drive your sales, Freebooksy is definitely some one that gets results.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #11
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Excellent!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #12
VydorScope
Wizard

I peaked at 426 in the overall category... but losing ground now:

650 over all - still #2 in Scifi-military, slid down to 60 in Fantasy, #23 for Scifi, and down to #21 in Action and Adventure.

Still a good place... 40 hours in to this.