Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
vindicatedcynic
vindicatedcynic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Paperwhite: any way to lower the minimum brightness?

Hi all,

Forgive me if this topic has been covered somewhere, though I have searched high and low:

Is there a possibility of creating a hack that would reduce the Kindle Paperwhite's minimum brightness to virtually no light? When I set the brightness to its lowest setting in the dark it is still painfully bright to me. I'm hoping there's a way to cut it down to virtually nothing (but just enough to read with large font in pitch black..).

Thanks.
vindicatedcynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:22 AM   #2
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
If there isn't a hack to accomplish the dimming I suggest you look for some "magic cling film" and cut to fit. Auto parts stores might have small sheets available to darken the vehicle windows. I'm not suggesting window tint film as that is semi-permanent. I'm thinking a thicker film like flexible vinyl.
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Use the 'FrontLight' toggle kual button..
You can totally turn off frontlight..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Level 1 is level 1 sadly

As a wise old red bear once said "There is no such thing as level zero."
(but yeah we can actually turn it off these days)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brightness, leds, paperwhite