Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Replacing / with correct text

I've scanned some documents using ABBYY Finereader and I've since discovered that almost all of the ,' with a /.

I though this would be a good case for regex and for the find, I'm seeming to be successfull with:

Code:
[/]\s[a-z]
to locate the backslashes, but I'm struggling with what to put in as the replacement. I can't simply have it as ,' as my search is looking for all backslashes that precede a space and a lowercase letter.

I've tried

Code:
,’ \1
but that only seemed to work fine in EditPad Lite, not in Sigil as I've now converted it to an epub. So now it's an epub, I need a replace command that works there.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I guess you'd have to create a group in the regex you can then refer to with \1:

Code:
[/]\s([a-z])
The parentheses mean that whatever is found inside will be equivalent to \1 (or \2, \3, etc if you have more groups).

The exact syntax may vary between different regex dialects. In vim, for instance, you'd have to escape the parentheses: [/]\s\([a-z]\) Check whatever editor you are using.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Thanks Jellby, that worked.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote