Connoisseur
sergiodongala doesn't littersergiodongala doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
I'm working on windows xp sp3.
sergiodongala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiodongala View Post
Well as it wasn't working I tried many possibilities like:
D:\
D:\Documents and Settings\Sérgio\My Documents
D:\Documents and Settings\Sérgio\My Documents\docs de txt

it still don't work,
I'm working as administrator.
Did you try deleting calibre.ini and calibre2.ini?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #18
sergiodongala
Connoisseur

Yes I tried to find them but they dont exist.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:04 PM   #19
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm working on windows xp sp3.
Are you using the english language version is it set to in Regional Options in control panel?
Old 09-26-2008, 03:11 PM   #20
sergiodongala
Connoisseur

Well the windows version is english.
But the regional option is set to portuguese.

But I think this is not the problem.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:18 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Well the windows version is english.
But the regional option is set to portuguese.

But I think this is not the problem.
What do you think the problem is? I don't have the code... but I am guessing it is trying to read the "old" version db to convert to the new version... but I don't see why it there is no ini file. Perhaps it's just trying to read the new db which wasn't created when it expected it to be.

Kovid... isn't there a way to create an empty db using the command line, or sqllite itself?

BOb
Old 09-26-2008, 03:31 PM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
its probably some path related issue with being on a non english windows machine (windows' multi-language support is a prehitoric disaster).

do the following:

make sure c:\calibredb exists and can be written to by the user. then at a prompt run:

Code:
calibre-debug -c "from calibre.utils.config import prefs; from calibre.library.database2 import LibraryDatabase2; path='c:\\calibredb'; prefs.set('library_path', path); db = LibraryDatabase2(path); db.refresh()"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:00 PM   #23
sergiodongala
Connoisseur

Actualy there is not the folder, or file:
c:\calibredb

May it be the problem?
Old 09-26-2008, 06:09 PM   #24
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Actualy there is not the folder, or file:
c:\calibredb

May it be the problem?
I think he meant that you should create it to test the command he is giving you.

BOb
Old 09-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah you have to create c:\calibredb
Old 09-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #26
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I'm a terrible packrat and I think I have every Windows version of the Calibre install EXE that I've downloaded (haven't downloaded EVERY version, but I'm pretty sure I have the last one that built a database file as opposed to a folder of separate files - can't remember, it's .83 or .84, right?)

Kovid, would you have any problem with my sending it to sergio?

I'm at work right now, but I could do it once I get home.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 09-26-2008 at 06:47 PM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

go ahead, its fine by me.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:57 AM   #28
sergiodongala
Connoisseur

Ok, thanks.
I'm wainting now for the older version.
I will try it and give you the feed back.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:55 AM   #29
sergiodongala
Connoisseur

It's wonking fine the version 83.
After testing every features I will post some feed back.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:23 AM   #30
sergiodongala
Connoisseur

Well after testing in converting files, working with feed as far as a can tell
its working fine.
As I didn't use the last version (87 i guess), I'm hapy with the 83, I and I will keep on this version.

Thanks, for this good work.