Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
soundsfromsound
Enthusiast
soundsfromsound began at the beginning.

Device: none
Web Interface / Content Server: Customize Categories?

Hello,

Is it possible to remove some categories from the web interface for calibre?

For example, if I don't rate my books in calibre and I'd like to remove that category from appearing when I log in to the content server on my LAN - is it possible to remove categories from appearing in the web interface?

Thank you!

PS. I love the virtual libs in the content server, looks awesome - works perfectly!
soundsfromsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Tweaks
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
soundsfromsound
Enthusiast

Hello,

What is the name of the tweak I'm looking for? I can't find it, sorry.

Is there any special code I need to input in order to remove a certain category from showing in the content server? Is it "ID: content_server_will_display"?

content_server_will_display = ['*']

content_server_wont_display = ['#rating']

Could you help me to understand what I need to tweak? Thanks!

Last edited by soundsfromsound; 08-24-2013 at 06:08 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsfromsound View Post
Is it "ID: content_server_will_display"?
Yes
Quote:

content_server_wont_display = ['#rating']

Could you help me to understand what I need to tweak? Thanks!
Each of content_server_will_display and content_server_wont_display contain a list of column lookup names enclosed in quotes (or apostrophes) and separated by commas. You can get a lookup name for a field by hovering your mouse pointer over the column header, where you will see "The lookup/search name is ....".

In your example, unless rating is a custom column you created, the lookup name is 'rating'. The '#' character is used only for custom column lookup names.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
soundsfromsound
Enthusiast

Thank you for that chaley! I'm still having a problem, please see below.
Rating is still displaying in my content server, even after several server restarts.

Thanks!

# Set custom metadata fields that the content server will or will not display.

content_server_wont_display = ['rating']
Old 09-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsfromsound View Post
Thank you for that chaley! I'm still having a problem, please see below.
Rating is still displaying in my content server, even after several server restarts.

Thanks!

# Set custom metadata fields that the content server will or will not display.

content_server_wont_display = ['rating']
Just looked at the code. That tweak works only with custom columns. There is no way to remove the rating column or any other "standard" column.

Apologies for the confusion.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
soundsfromsound
Enthusiast

I see now.

When Kovid mentioned (in #2 reply above) "tweaks" I figured it was something I could do manually, regardless of whether or not it was concerning a "default" column. But now I understand what you guys mean.

Do you happen to know if there is perhaps any chance of this option being in a future update? I wish I could make my columns nice and neat, but there is one straggler down there lol (tags)
I can't customize my content server currently,

Thanks for any feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	off lol.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	110322  

Last edited by soundsfromsound; 09-01-2013 at 11:16 PM.