Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #16
pagansoul
Evangelist
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
On Monday I got City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass and City of Fallen Angels off Amazon for $5 each. I've read the first 3 (three in 5 days, I guess I like them ) and will start on the 4th soon (I need a rest). They are written for a younger crowd, I'm used to way more sex in my fantasy, but the story and charaters are quite good.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucsie View Post

But the last book was just teenage whining and pining, borderline obsessive; it made me think of Twilight.
Now that is ScArY!!
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #18
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
My "sci-fi nephew" and I really liked the movie Priest which the lead actress of City of Bones was in, so I expect I will like this one too.

I have to say I am tired of Transformer and GI Joe sequels. They are more like Toy Story every iteration.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #19
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: Kindle3-3G, Archos 43
We saw the movie this Friday.

We liked it.

The two leads, Lily Collins and a blond dude, straight out of a fantasy comic, were great.

The story was good overall but as an "occasional author" I found problems.

According to "Box Office" it has only done about $22 Mil in 2 weeks and against some pretty tepid competition coming when school is starting.

Still the sequel has already been ordered.

Again, the leads are great. Ms Collins has the potential to be a screen great! The dude might be more "typed" but in a fantasy type or horror type script just lends gravitas to the writing. Think along the lines of the elf in the Lord of the Rings except more so.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #20
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, "Mortal Instruments, The City of Bones" has had 3 weeks and has only make about 28 Million. That is disappointing. It took about $60 Million to make. Hopefully it will do better abroad.

The good news is that a sequel is already being made.

I do hope it catches on. (Maybe they need a "heartthrob Vampire" character.)

Added - 9-21-2013
Up to about 30 Million. A big disappointment for me.

Last edited by frahse; 09-21-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #21
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Well, "Mortal Instruments, The City of Bones" has had 3 weeks and has only make about 28 Million. That is disappointing. It took about $60 Million to make. Hopefully it will do better abroad.

The good news is that a sequel is already being made.

I do hope it catches on. (Maybe they need a "heartthrob Vampire" character.)

Added - 9-21-2013
Up to about 30 Million. A big disappointment for me.
I heard that they are filming the 2nd book now.