Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 08-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
Kenyanscott
Kenyanscott began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire hd
chapter identifiers and how to create in calibre

Hi everyone!!

I've been working on a challenge for the last couple of days so app policies of you have seen a similar post elsewhere, but I think I'm getting closer!!

I'm a fan of the time to chapter and book in the kindle app. I have some non amazon books and I've noticed that with some it works and some it doesn't.
The difference seems to be those which show the chapters at the beginning with a hyperlink to the chapter work, those without do not work.

So to test I want to take a book that doesn't currently have chapters with hyperlinks and create it using calibre.

Does anyone know how to do this or can help me?
Kenyanscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenyanscott View Post
So to test I want to take a book that doesn't currently have chapters with hyperlinks and create it using calibre.
AFAIK, Calibre will automatically create an inline HTML TOC with hyperlinks to the chapters, if the source .epub book contained an .ncx TOC. Books that didn't have an inline HTML TOC after Calibre conversion most likely lacked an .ncx file.

You can easily check this by opening the ePub book with Sigil. If you don't see a TOC and no headings are being displayed when your press CTRL+T to generate one, the chapters need to be marked as chapter headings.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
Kenyanscott
Kenyanscott began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire hd
so if I run sigil, i can then either ensure the chapters are there or set them up so I have them then look to convert to mobi?

Does that make sense or am I havering?
Kenyanscott is offline   Reply With Quote