Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
tracyann
tracyann began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sorting Collections With Calibra

I am new to all this but i hope i can explain what i am trying to do. I have a Kindle 4.1 Reader and Calibra Version 09.44.

I am trying to sort my ebooks into collections in a manner that shows not only the collection but also the order in the series. I have completed the metadata to show the collection and made sure all books are numbers, then told calibra to "create collections" and sync with my reader.

The books appear on the reader but not in collection and the numbers of the series don't show anywhere. Can anyone help please.
tracyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
You might like to look into the Techniques to use plugboards, custom columns and templates thread for info on a powerful calibre technique.

Plugboards are used to "override" info on a book as it is sent to your device. A very common practice is to use it to rename a book as it is sent to add in the series info.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyann View Post
The books appear on the reader but not in collection and the numbers of the series don't show anywhere. Can anyone help please.
I don't use a Kindle, but I think PeterT is pointing you to your best bet. Here is a section from Calibre's FAQ that might shed some light on the situation.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:52 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Agreed - plugboards are by far the best way to do this.

BTW, the program is called "calibre", not "calibra".
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote